- Depends on experience
- Full Time
- Health Insurance, Dental Insurance, Vision Insurance, 401K / Retirement
Change / Release Coordinator – L3
Primary Location: Annapolis Junction, MD
Provide support and facilitate Change and Release activity. Possess familiarity with standard concepts, practices, and procedures within Transition Services. Ability to facilitate group chats and conference calls. Understands ITIL and Agile methodologies. Must be able to work independently and feel comfortable interacting with customers and stakeholders. Has knowledge of System monitoring.
- Work in a team environment to establish and execute a configuration management program for multiple systems/programs in various stages of design, development or operations.
- Contribute to the documentation and life cycle management of changes.
- Update Change Management Databases (CMDB) and provides status accounting.
- Produce reports on releases related to delivered changes, results from functional testing, and various Change Management (CM) metrics.
- Plan and/or facilitate internal/external configuration audits.
- Train personnel on Change Management Procedures
- Develop process and quality improvements through the CSI process
- Produce CM strategies and plans for upcoming enhancements and / or implementations for major releases during the service design stage of the service lifecycle, in conjunction with personnel from other teams and functions
- Coordinate major infrastructure projects with the SMEs and Operations and Maintenance leads
- Disseminate internal and external communications for pre and post maintenance activities
- Facilitate live support and coordination for maintenance/release activities
- Create and review Post Release Debrief reports
- Providing feedback on the effectiveness of the release
- Record and report deployment metrics to ensure that these are within agreed SLAs.
- Utilize SharePoint to manage documentation
- Ensure that all deployment activity has been authorized by change management
- Coordinate release documentation and communications, including training and customer, service management and technical release notes
- Provide technical guidance and support throughout the release process, including known errors and workarounds
- Minimum 5 years of experience with Configuration Management Tools
- Knowledge of configuration management practices, policies and procedures.
- Possess the ability to create/analyze configuration accountability records.
- Ability to verify that configuration documentation is compliant with applicable requirements.
- The candidate must be able to work in a team environment and be proficient in MS Office applications, including Word and Excel.
- Ability to create SOPs and update processes.
- Microsoft SharePoint
- Rational Tools (Clear Quest, Clear Case)
- Adobe Pro
- BMC Remedy Tool Suite
- SEI/ISO/CMMI experience
- Understanding of Software Development Lifecycle Process
- ITIL v3 Foundations Certification and Experience
- Experience managing and monitoring Production Calendar for several programs.
A Bachelor's degree or equivalent in Computer Science, Information Systems, Engineering, Business, or other related scientific or technical discipline with 5 or more years related professional experience. ITIL Foundation Certificate, CMMI Certificate. (Education can be substituted for 7 or more years of experience working in this field).
Security Clearance Requirement:
Minimum Active DoD Secret and Client suitability eligibility
ALTA IT Services, LLC. is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer and considers qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, gender, age, color, religion, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, or any other factor.