Assistant Manager / Lead Barista
- $18.00 Hourly
- Full Time
- Employee Discounts
- Employer Unlikely to Respond
Are you looking for the opportunity to help grow an exciting local coffee brand? Come join the high performing team at Blackwood Coffee Bar. We are a diverse group of driven, talented and fun baristas and chefs intent on elevating the coffee game in Los Angeles. The assiatant manager plays a critical role by partnering with our manager to ensure our customers have an excetional experience and to our effectively lead, motivate and support the Blackwood Team.
The ideal candidate is obsessed with hospitality and all aspects of the Blackwood customer experience. They are confident, self-motivated and enthusiastic. They are collaborative and enjoy working with people so everyone performs up to the best of their of their abilities.
* Ensure every guest has an amazingly memorable Blackwood experience.
* Maintain the highest quality drink and food standards.
* Ability to step up and act as the manager when the manager is not on duty.
* Show coworkers how a highly skilled and hospitable barista approaches his/ her work in preparing drinks and food, serving guests and helping team mates.
* Gracefully handle unstaisfied guests and calmly manage a team in a high volume environment.
* Ensure all employees are made aware of any changes that impact drinks and / or bar work flow and that they implement the changes seamlessly.
* Manage inventory and ordering for coffee, milk and pastries.
* Be knowlwdgeable of health code requirements and be able to keep cafe health code compliant.
* Work with our equipment vendor to ensure all equipment is properly maintained.
* Ensure that all areas of the cafe are neat, clean and organized.
* 1+ year as a barista at a third wave coffee shop.
* Preferably some managerial experience for a hospitality driven business. We are willing to train the right candidate.
* Functional computer knowledge and experience with Microsoft Word, Excel and Google.
* Operational knowledge of the POS and cash handling procedures.
* Ability to delegate responsibilities and give constructive firm feedback when necessary.
* Available to work mornings and weekends.