- Depends on experience
- Full Time
- Ask Us!
- Employer Likely to Respond
Accountable for assisting with the development and execution of the overall vision and strategy for the Fleet Feet brand and leading Fleet Feet's national consumer marketing efforts. Craft and implement innovative and effective customer-centric strategies that will maintain Fleet Feet’s role as the leading specialty running retailer in the industry. In partnership with the Vice President, Marketing, assume responsibility of Company operating results, long-range strategic plans, and annual operating plans. Lead a team consisting of retail marketing, social media, and digital marketing that drives customer acquisition, retention, and loyalty. Within the scope of this position, contribute to the company’s overall mission to change people’s lives by creating a culture of inclusiveness and belonging, thereby helping them live a more fit life.
Joining Fleet Feet is joining a team and a community that ignites and promotes running and fitness. We pride ourselves in putting people first and know that what we do each day does not happen anywhere else, for staff or customers. We truly believe that running changes everything.
- Work in partnership with the Vice President, Marketing and other company leaders to ensure all Company goals and objectives are achieved through effective use of marketing and branding strategies.
- Manage all marketing and branding functions connected to key initiatives, including support to Franchisees and Operating Partners, national training programs, retail marketing, e-commerce, new store development, national conference branding, digital marketing, and social media.
- Empower a team of highly-motivated specialists to achieve departmental and company goals through collaboration, communication, and critical thinking.
- Partner with the in-house creative team to create meaningful and innovative brand and marketing strategies (traditional, interactive, social media, PR, digital, and mobile) to support customer acquisition and retention.
- Monitor market trends and translate consumer attitudes and preferences into branding direction.
- Collaborate with Fleet Feet's vendor partners on marketing initiatives and strategies.
- Manage and streamline internal systems to provide cost-effective marketing resources directly to franchisees and operating partners.
- Develop annual marketing plans and long-term brand strategies to fuel growth of the brand nationally.
- Manage against marketing budgets. Leverage available financial resources and partnerships to maximize marketing reach and effectiveness.
- Work closely with the third party public relations team in development of industry outreach, press releases, and various other national communication.
- Partner with the Art Director with printers and vendors of branded products to ensure they meet quality standards, offer competitive pricing and maintain brand standards.
- Oversee charitable partnership efforts and relationships.
- Master’s degree in Marketing or equivalent experience.
- Minimum of 8-10 years of marketing experience with at least 3 years of leadership experience.
- Minimum of 7 years experience in advertising or brand management, brand and product development, consumer communication, and social media marketing. Experience with retail or franchising a plus.
- Fundamental understanding of retail, marketing, merchandising, distribution, and customer supply chain knowledge and practices.
- Ideal candidates possess strong organizational skills, critical-thinking, planning, decision-making skills, excellent written and verbal communication skills with an ability to communicate effectively with all staff levels and external contacts.
- Limited travel 10-15% (when business travel resumes).
- High energy and fun atmosphere
- Training and advancement opportunities within the Fleet Feet brand
- Community involvement and community service activities
- Training Program, Race entries, and Product discounts
- Passionate team members
Want to join our Team?
Are you looking to turn your passion into your career, work with like-minded people in a fast-paced, fun, and customer-centric environment? Then we want you!
At Fleet Feet, we believe that running changes everything. For over 40 years, we have curated and created products, programs, and experiences that inspire and empower runners and their communities. We believe it’s a privilege to serve, and remain committed to delivering unmatched service and support when outfitting customers in everything they need to have a successful run, whether that’s introducing them to their new favorite running shoes, socks, or gear, or inviting them to our next training program run.
We like to keep things high-spirited, fast-paced, and fun. We don’t mind wearing more than a few hats and stepping in to help out wherever is needed. Our team is a group of knowledgeable and hardworking individuals who work, sweat, and live passionately. We run together to solve a problem, reach a goal, get inspired, and champion our brand each day. We are in full pursuit to find passionate people to join us on our quest and bring our core values to life.