Hourly Cafe Manager
- Depends on experience
- Full Time
- Employer Very Unlikely to Respond
Hilltop Coffee + Kitchen is looking for a Cafe Manager to organize daily operations and motivate our staff to provide excellent customer service.
Cafe Manager responsibilities include scheduling shifts for baristas, monitoring daily expenses and revenues and ordering supplies like coffee, milk and pastries, as needed. To be successful in this role you should have work experience with various roles in coffee shops. Also, you should be available to work during opening hours, including weekends and holidays.
Ultimately, you will help increase profitability, boost customer engagement and help turn our cafe into a favorite community spot.
- Manage day-to-day operations of the cafe
- Hire and onboard new wait staff and baristas
- Train employees on drinks preparation and proper use of coffee equipment
- Coordinate with vendors and order supplies, as needed (like takeaway cups, coffee, milk and other ingredients)
- Maintain updated records of daily, weekly and monthly revenues and expenses
- Add new menu items based on seasonality and customers’ preferences (for example vegan coffee drinks)
- Advise staff on the best ways to resolve issues with clients and deliver excellent customer service
- Ensure all cafe areas are clean and tidy
- Nurture friendly relationships with customers to increase loyalty and boost our reputation
- Work experience as a Cafe Manager or Barista
- Hands-on experience with professional coffee machines
- Good math skills
- Availability to work within opening hours (including weekends and holidays)
- Excellent communication skills with the ability to manage and motivate a team
- Customer service attitude
- High school diploma
- Additional certification (e.g. in Business Administration or Hospitality) is a plus
We’re from LA. It is here in these surrounding neighborhoods that we spent our formative years. We take pride in creating fun environments for people to connect with each other and themselves. We’re young and ambitious, climbing our own Hilltops personally and professionally, just like everyone else. We believe in humanity and are grateful for the opportunity to serve you. Thank you for allowing our paths to cross.