- Depends on experience
- Full Time
- Employer Unlikely to Respond
Position: The role of our Sous Chef is to prepare culinary delights for our guests and owners and execute the menu, ensuring a high level of performance and guest satisfaction.
Guest satisfaction in our dining room revolves around the food appearance, high quality of the food and overall dining experience. The Sous Chef is responsible for creating daily menus, preparation of food items and maintaining cleanliness in all areas of the kitchen.
- Ensure that all restaurant policies, procedures, standards, specifications, guidelines, and training programs and followed and completed on a timely basis.
- Monitor compliance with health and fire regulations regarding food preparation and serving, and building maintenance.
- Achieve company objectives in sales, service, quality, appearance of facility and sanitation and cleanliness through training of employees and creating a positive, productive working environment.
- Monitor food preparation methods, portion sizes, and garnishing and presentation of food to ensure that food is prepared and presented in an acceptable manner.
- Ensure compliance with all federal, state, county and municipal regulations that pertain to health, safety and labor requirements of the restaurant, employees, and guests.
- Control cash and other receipts by adhering to cash handling and reconciliation procedures in accordance with restaurant policies and procedures.
- Count money and make bank deposits.
- Investigate and resolve complaints regarding food quality, service, or accommodations.
- Coordinate assignments of cooking personnel to ensure economical use of food and timely preparation.
- Ensure that all products are received in correct unit count and condition and deliveries are performed in accordance with the restaurant’s receiving policies and procedures.
- Review financial statements, sales or activity reports, or other performance data to measure productivity or goal achievement or to identify areas needing cost reduction or program improvement.
- Schedule and receive food and beverage deliveries, checking delivery contents to verify product quality and quantity.
- Monitor budgets and payroll records, and review financial transactions to ensure that expenditures are authorized and budgeted.
- Maintain food and equipment inventories, and keep inventory records.
- Schedule staff hours and assign duties.
- Establish standards for personnel performance and customer service.
- Perform some food preparation or service tasks, such as cooking, clearing tables, and serving food and drinks when necessary.
- Plan menus and food utilization, based on anticipated number of guests, nutritional value, palatability, popularity, and costs.
- Keep records required by government agencies regarding sanitation or food subsidies.
- Test cooked food by tasting and smelling it to ensure palatability and flavor conformity.
- Organize and direct worker training programs, resolve personnel problems, make hiring and termination decisions, and evaluate employee performance.
- Be knowledgeable of restaurant policies regarding personnel
- Administer prompt, fair and consistent corrective action for any and all violations of company policies, rules and procedures.
- Continually strive to develop staff in all areas of managerial and professional development.
- Order and purchase equipment and supplies.
- Review work procedures and operational problems to determine ways to improve service, performance, or safety.
- Assess staffing needs and recruit staff.
- Arrange for equipment maintenance and repairs, and coordinate a variety of services, such as waste removal and pest control.
- Record the number, type, and cost of items sold to determine which items may be unpopular or less profitable.
- Review menus and analyze recipes to determine labor and overhead costs, and assign prices to menu items.
- Attend all scheduled employee meetings and offers suggestions for improvement.
- Coordinate with and assist fellow employees to meet guests’ needs and support the operation of the restaurant.
- Fill-in for fellow employees where needed to ensure guest service standards and efficient operations.
- Protect the safety of self, co-workers ranch guests at all times.
- Report any potentially harmful equipment or situations to the immediate supervisor without delay.
- Report safety-related accidents and incidents at once to immediate supervisor.
- Follow all company and department safety policies and procedures.
- Operate equipment in a safe manner that will not lead to injury of yourself or others.
- Drive in accordance with the law and resort policies.
- Assist Dining Room Manager/Executive Chef/Chef de Cuisine with training of kitchen staff.
- Assist Dining Room Manager/Executive Chef/Chef de Cuisine with food management/menus.
- As a Sous Chef you will be expected to work with Associates to ensure satisfaction. A Sous Chef will have to take initiative and get creative in resolving challenges and involve a Manager only when previous methods have been unsuccessful.
- Monitor employee and guest activities to ensure liquor regulations are obeyed.
- Schedule use of facilities or catering services for events such as banquets or receptions, and negotiate details of arrangements with clients.
- Develop, plan, and implement restaurant marketing, advertising and promotional activities and campaigns.
- Estimate food, liquor, wine, and other beverage consumption to anticipate amounts to be purchased or requisitioned.
- Create specialty dishes and develop recipes to be used in dining facilities.
- Establish and enforce nutritional standards for dining establishments, based on accepted industry standards.
- Take dining reservations.
***Other Duties Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.