- Depends on experience
- Full Time
- Health Insurance, Dental Insurance, Vision Insurance, Meal Plan / Free Food, Ask Us!
- Employer Likely to Respond
WHY WE EXIST: MENDOCINO FARMS
We are Mendocino Farms, a unique, fast-casual restaurant concept breaking all of the old paradigms of the restaurant business. At Mendocino Farms, we exist to sell more than just sandwiches, we sell happy. We are where the neighborhood comes together over inspired sandwiches and soulful salads made from thoughtfully sourced ingredients. Our name comes from legendary Mendocino County, a town known for pioneering the slow food movement and sustainable farming. At Mendo, we make daily decisions that reinforce our values of being trailblazers, learning and growing, building a ‘we’ culture, challenging every old paradigm of the restaurant industry, winning the day (for our guests and our team members) to ultimately, selling happy!
At a glance:
- We were founded in 2005 by husband and wife dream team, Mario Del Pero and Ellen Chen, early adopters of the slow food movement
- Base Camp is in Studio City, CA
- We have 1000 full time staff and restaurant employees
- We have 20 restaurants across Southern and Northern California and will be moving into Texas in 2019
- We will be doubling in size in the next 3-5 years
- In 2018, we were named a Top 10 Emerging Brand by Fishbowl Analytics
HOW YOU WILL MAKE A DIFFERENCE
As a Marketing Coordinator, you’ll have the opportunity to make an impact immediately. Mendocino Farms is poised to double in size in the next couple of years. Ideal candidates for this role are dynamic, self-motivated individuals looking to flex both left and right brain.
As a member of the Marketing team you are responsible for building brand affinity and sales while demonstrating a genuine enthusiasm and passion for the brand. This is a newly created position where you will have the opportunity to define what success looks like.
Tasks include, but are not limited to:
- Neighborhood marketing support for pre and post New Store Openings:
- School outreach: Map out target schools, find influential school community leaders (i.e., PTA leaders, room parents, etc.), connect with the school, schedule fundraisers.
- Key connectors: Find relationship builders that match our target consumer. Build genuine connections.
- Community events/sponsorships: Identify and evaluate event opportunities within the market; take a lead role in event activation.
- Street Team: Identify key competitors and target businesses in the area,
- Youth athletics: Create target list for Youth programming and activate events.
- Our Catering business is best-in-class. You will be empowered to support a successful NSO catering launch by:
- Building sales: Have a “hunter” mentality with regards to finding prospective clients and customers to build and retain sales.
- Own the New Store Opening Marketing checklist which includes:
- Setting up store phone system, social media monitoring system, Delivery partners, notifying Yelp, setting up location on Google Maps, Apple Maps and Trip Advisor, setting up training events on Eventbrite, sending out Eventbrite invitations and managing google doc spreadsheet for Street Team.
- Be a bold brand steward. Live Mendo culture.
- Bachelor’s degree preferred;
- Insatiable curiosity with regards to how brands are built, bonus for aspiring Entrepreneurs or experience in a start-up environment.
- Exceptional organizational and motivational skills as well as the ability to flex and deal with ambiguity. This is a dynamic, fast-paced, high growth environment that will test/build your resilience.
- Self-starter who is coachable and can work well in an “all hands-on deck” environment; must be able to operate with little supervision in a dynamic environment.
- Self-described foodies are a plus.
There is no “I” in Mendo
Mendocino Farms is an equal opportunity employer that values diversity at all levels. All individuals, regardless of personal characteristics, are encouraged to apply. Mendocino Farms will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories for employment in a manner consistent with the requirements of the Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring, Ordinance No. 184652.