- Depends on experience
- Part Time / Full Time
- Employee Discounts, Meal Plan / Free Food
- Employer Fairly Likely to Respond
Paligroup is currently seeking an overnight steward/dishwasher for the Palihotel Culver City location.
WHO WILL LOVE THIS POSITION?
- An individual who is looking to gain experience in a professional kitchen
- Someone who has the ability to keep things organized and handle multiple tasks throughout the day
The Steward/Dishwasher is responsible for maintaining a clean environment in the kitchen and making sure all kitchen equipment and service items are clean and put away.
- Making sure that cooking equipment, cutlery, china and work stations are clean at all times
- China is in place for service
- Take care of all equipment, glassware, china and cutlery in order to preserve quality
- Coordinate with Kitchen Management on cleaning and maintenance of equipment
- Collect and place produce, proteins and other necessary ingredients in their respective places
- Sweep floors before and after lunch and dinner service
- Clean the walk in Fridge and make sure all food storage areas are clean
- Keep up with kitchen cleaning schedule
- Must possess a positive attitude
- Must be energetic and outgoing
- Must be service oriented
- Demonstrates a full understanding of their role and carries it out in line with their job description
- Works effectively with the rest of the team
- Is able to prioritize tasks and demonstrate effective time management and coordinating, controlling and managing different resources
- Communicates clearly, professionally and concisely whilst actively listening to others and giving consideration to their needs and opinions.
- Tries to take the bigger picture into consideration and is confident as to when and where to seek guidance and clarity from senior members of the team.
- Must be able to stand or walk a minimum eight-hour shift.
- Requires mobility and prolonged standing, walking, bending and lifting up to 50 lbs
- Education: High school or equivalent education preferred.
- Experience: 1 to 2 years previous experience as a cook in a hotel.
- Licenses or Certificates: Food Handler Certification required.
- Grooming: All colleagues must maintain a neat, and well groomed appearance(specific standards will be provided)
We are an EEOE Employer.
We will consider for employment all qualified Applicants, including those with Criminal Histories, in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable state and local laws, including the City of Los Angeles’ Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance.
PALIHOTEL CULVER CITY
A 49-room hotel and restaurant/bar that will speak to both the history and majesty of Los Angeles’ cinematic roots and Culver City’s booming, modern-day tech scene. The historic, art-deco inspired façade will be restored and infused with interiors that feel modern and urban with bohemian, French influences throughout. A full-service restaurant, indoor/outdoor bar and private courtyard setting will welcome guests and locals alike. Palihotel Culver City is located at 3927 Van Buren Place and is set to open in Fall 2018.
Palisociety is a collection of unique hotels and residences that are synonymous with authenticity, style, innovation and good old-fashioned hospitality. We take to heart that few things in life are as transformative as the people and places you encounter when you travel. Because when all is said and done, it’s about the experience.
ABOUT PALIGROUP MANAGEMENT:
Paligroup is a fully integrated branded real estate development and hospitality operating company that acquires, programs, develops, owns, and operates unique hotels and residences. Our proprietary brands, development and operational expertise also includes specialized retail spaces, highly curated restaurants, bars and event venues. Avi Brosh founded Paligroup in 1998 and serves as its Chief Executive and President.
The company's track record, current portfolio and forthcoming properties are designed to provide customers with a unique and aspirational experience. Each Paligroup branded property has a distinct personality specifically tailored to best serve its local market and neighborhood, all featuring a contemporary, sophisticated design and personalized service.
Paligroup's Brands are synonymous with neighborhood authenticity, style, innovation and success. We are convinced that this combination of custom-tailored place-making and unique social experiences increases performance, market share and overall pricing power.
Paligroup currently operates three hotels in Los Angeles including Palihouse West Hollywood, Palihotel Melrose, Palihouse Santa Monica. In addition, four new properties are scheduled to open in 2018 and early 2019. The new properties include Palihotel Westwood Village, Palihotel Culver City, Palihouse Miami Beach and Palihotel San Francisco.
Paligroup Management is an equal opportunity employer committed to hiring a diverse workforce and sustaining an inclusive culture. Paligroup does not discriminate on the basis of disability, veteran status or any other basis protected under federal, state or local laws.