- $15.00 - $18.00 Hourly
- Full Time
- Employee Discounts, Ask Us!
- Employer Fairly Likely to Respond
Modern Bread and Bagel & Arba are currently looking for a Deli Supervisor to prep, cook, train, and lead the deli staff at our restaurant. The ideal candidate will be a quick learner who is organized, possess strong skills with cooking and deli equipment, and is a natural leader who supports and inspires their team.
- 2+ Years Deli/Cook experience.
- 1+ Year NYC Restaurant Experience (serving, cashier, etc)
- Friendly and Genuine, able to build report with customers.
- Set a standard for Customer Service that your staff looks up to. Model the standard of Arba and Modern employees.
- Maintain the cleanliness and organization of the Deli. Create organization methods that keep work space spotless.
- Work with a sense of urgency, yet maintain a calm demeanor
- Prep food for the Deli daily. Prepare dishes for customers to order.
- Train and supervise Deli staff. Cultivate talent and manage employees in a way that allows them to flourish.
- Willingness to do other tasks as Directed by Executive Chef.
Modern Bread and Bagel
Brunch is not just for the weekend. Cold Smoked, House Cured, and Citrus Poached Salmon as well as a variety of unique cream cheeses complement our kettle boiled Ancient Grain Bagels. Our all day menu features creative egg dishes inspired by our favorite cafes in Sydney and Tel Aviv with dishes ranging from Red or Green Shakshuka to Corn & Goat Cheese Fritters with Eggs and Chili Jam.
We do as much as we can in house, squeezing our own juice, blending our own teas, churning our own butter, and even making our own cereal! Our breads include a Goat Cheese & Onion Focaccia, a Lentil Pugliese, and a Seeded Multigrain that can be topped with smashed avo, labneh, homemade hummus and more. Full-time baristas craft a variety of tea lattes and espresso drinks with coffee from Australian owned Grumpy Roasters in Brooklyn. Our pastries are also made on site and serve as the foundation for yummy dine-in dishes like our Cinnamon Babka French Toast topped with Caramelized Apples.
We are confident you will appreciate our commitment to artisan production methods and hope that you will visit soon to dine with us or take advantage of our excellent take home options.
Arba is a modern Israeli restaurant that is dedicated to artisan and natural food, with a focus on fish, cheese, vegetables, and fresh baked bread that everyone can enjoy.
We offer a unique seven course tasting menu which reflects Mediterranean flavors and culture. Our Chef is constantly creating new dishes to keep things interesting and changes the menu weekly to ensure we are always using the freshest ingredients.