Deli Team Member
- $13.25 - $18.00 Hourly
- Part Time
- Employer Likely to Respond
We are looking for a professional deli team member who is committed to providing customers with the best service possible. Deli Team Members will clean and prepare workstations and displays, answer questions and respond to customer requests, and provide information to clients to ensure that they select the products that best fit their needs.
To succeed as a Deli Team Member, you should be polite, prompt, and knowledgeable. Additionally, you should be able to meet the physical demands of the position while providing customers with the best possible experience.
Deli Team Member Responsibilities:
- Providing responsive, exceptional service to deli counter customers by answering questions, making recommendations, providing samples, and responding to requests.
- Recommending, slicing, weighing, packaging, and pricing meats and cheeses.
- Preparing special orders and party trays.
- Updating displays, cases, and other customer-facing areas to ensure new items and promotions are showcased.
- Ensuring that work areas are ready to service customers by cleaning surfaces, equipment, and floors, removing trash, and confirming that tools are in working order.
- Following all food safety and sanitation procedures established by the company and other regulatory agencies.
- Cooperating with others to ensure customer satisfaction.
- Confirming that all displays, products, and services comply with company standards.
Deli Team Member Requirements:
- High School Diploma or equivalent.
- 1+ years of deli counter or food preparation experience.
- Ability to lift heavy items, ranging from 25 to 50 lbs, and operate equipment, such as meat and cheese slicers, scales, cash registers, etc.
- Excellent customer service, communication, and math skills.
- Ability to comprehend and follow all company procedures and regulations regarding food handling and sanitation.
- A courteous and efficient approach to handling customer requests, questions, and complaints.