VoIP Engineer (19-02057)
- $135K - $160K Annual Salary
- Full Time
- Health Insurance, Dental Insurance, Vision Insurance, 401K / Retirement
- Employer Very Likely to Respond
Clearance Requirement: Active Secret
Primary Location: Washington, D.C.
We are currently seeking an experienced Voice over IP (VoIP) Engineer to provide expertise in recommending solutions, improvements, strategy, and architecture for voice network and systems. They will be responsible for the day-to-day system monitoring, troubleshooting, and updates. Additionally, they will ensure the implementation of best practice solutions for voice communication services.
Basic Skills & Qualifications:
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Engineering, or a related field
- 5+ years of experience supporting similar systems with focus on Avaya
- 4+ years of experience with call center technology, voice systems and voice networks with emphasis in VoIP systems
- Strong experience with Avaya Communications Manager and adjunct administration, maintenance, and installation.
- Experience with VoIP, inbound and outbound voice networks, experience with network protocols and circuit provisioning and standards, understanding of LAN protocols
- Proven ability to successfully manage multiple projects and work across all levels in the organization
- Demonstrated ability to collaborate with project teams and managers as a service provider
- Proven ability to plan, investigate, design and implement voice networks
- Ability to prioritize and balance multiple tasks
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills are required
- Must be able to support on-call/outage needs
- Must support user support calls, enter/modify tickets, resolve trouble tickets and requests
- Relevant Avaya certifications are preferred
ALTA IT Services, LLC. is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer and considers qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, gender, age, color, religion, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, or any other factor.