Part time Human Resource manager
- $0.00 Hourly
- Part Time
- Ask Us!
- Employer Fairly Likely to Respond
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
* Communicates policies and procedures company-wide; providing training on implementation and ongoing compliance.
* Recruits, interviews and hires new staff members using various job websites.
*Creates, maintains and audits staff files according to state and federal regulations, including I-9’s
* Manages staff benefits, including worker’s compensation.
* Maintains compliance with federal and state local laws, worker’s compensation/OSHA reporting, etc.
* Manages all employee relations’ issues and documentation, which include counseling, terminations, performance improvement plans (PIP), exit interviews, etc.
* Processes employee staff verification letters, wage garnishments, EDD claims, unemployment claims, etc.
* Serves as Facility Safety Monitor by assisting with safety, equipment and compliance management and auditing. Establishes safety manual and protocols.
* Other duties as assigned.
* Bachelor’s degree or equivalent combination of education and experience required.
* Member of SHRM, PIHRA, LACABA or other human resources organization preferred.
* Minimum of 1 to 3 years of human resources experience.
* Knowledge of California state and federal labor laws.
* Highly self-motivated.
* Strong communication and listening skills.
* Ability to organize a daily workload of priorities.
* Must be able to meet deadlines in a fast-paced quickly changing environment.
* A proactive approach to problem-solving with strong decision-making skills.
* Demonstrate sensitivity and confidentiality to others.
* Must be reliable.
* Team player.
You may have to stand for extended periods of time, lift heavy objects on a regular basis,
do repetitive physical tasks, able to sit, stopp, shake and stir. Physical stamina and dexterity necessary for the work; ability to lift or move 25 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to at least 50 lbs.
One direct report.
Other Qualification: Must be willing and able to travel to multiple locations throughout the Los Angeles area for training, meetings, etc. on an as-needed basis.