- Depends on experience
- Full Time
- Employer Likely to Respond
Primary Purpose of Position:
The position's main objective is to gain experience, knowledge and professionalism in all areas of pork production. The focus will be centered around learning about the daily care and welfare of the animals, overall herd health, production efficiency and leadership.
Description of Responsibilities and Duties:
- Learn to plan and direct all production phases on the farm.
- Meet farm-specific and company-set goals.
- Ensure that all biosecurity protocols are followed.
- Actively and effectively communicate with farm staff, service personnel and veterinarian staff.
- Follow all safety procedures to protect the farm staff and the animals.
- Promote a safe, professional and positively motivating work environment.
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities, Training and Experience Requirements:
- A college degree and/or work experience within Maxwell Foods (1 year minimum)
- Must be able to adapt to a flexible work schedule to meet training program benchmarks.
- Must possess strong organizational skills, excellent verbal and written communication skills with basic spanish being a plus.
- Must possess leadership skills and the ability to work well with teams.
- The ability to recognize problems and take a proactive approach to resolve.