Lead Meat and Deli Department Southbay
- $16.00 - $20.00 Hourly
- Full Time
- Health Insurance, Employee Discounts
- Employer Very Likely to Respond
Department Leads are responsible for ensuring GROW’s values are effectively carried out by all members of their team, making GROW the kind of place our customers want to shop at again and again.
- Oversee customer service standards for all deli operations.
- Adhere to, and help refine, GROW’s Meat/Deli Operations Manual.
- Ensure a clean, well-merchandised case through quality control and proper rotation procedures.
- Ensure health and sanitation guidelines are being met by all Meat/Deli Team Members
- Train and manage all Meat/Deli Team Members according to GROW’s deli service standards & Deli Operations Manual.
- Assess and monitor development of all meat/deli staff.
- Write Meat/Deli staff schedule. Manage for budget, attendance & best practices.
- Communicate with Head Chef to ensure proper quantities of product are ordered for food production schedule, according to sales flow.
- Work with Store Lead to evaluate weekly department sales and achieve store goals.
- Assist with occasional store-level special projects.
- Monitor shrink and communicate with Head Chef to reduce when and where possible.
- Monitor inventory on paper/packaging goods and order on a weekly or as needed basis.
- Coordinate off-site catering orders and work with staff to ensure proper food production and delivery, all in a timely manner.
- Develop and implement merchandising plans, in conjunction with Store Lead, to coordinate with store promotions/seasons/holidays/etc
- 2-3 years management/leadership experience in the culinary (restaurant, deli, commissary, etc.). Cooking experience a plus.
- 3-5 years customer service experience in grocery/deli/restaurant environment.
- English speaking (bi-lingual Spanish speaking a plus).
- Strong, considerate, constructive communicator.
- The ability to manage and work with different personalities.
- Proven ability for problem solving and critical thinking, while keeping the store’s best interest in mind.
- Intimate knowledge of departmental products, their uses, benefits, shortcomings etc.
- Basic knowledge of all Microsoft Office Suite software
- Intimate knowledge of GROW’s pricing structures, sale’s strategy and merchandising philosophy.
- An appreciation of store processes
- The desire to mentor and lead.
- Willingness to go beyond what’s expected.
- Pride and ownership in your work.
- Current Food Safety Certificate on file (Food Managers Certificate preferred).
- Ability to lift 50 lbs., multiple times throughout the course of a work day.
- Work schedule is currently 12pm-8pm Sunday through Thursday.
GROW is a locally owned and operated independent neighborhood market. in Manhattan Beach and in the Arts District of Downtown Los Angeles. Any applicant should have an appreciation for helping to create and cultivate a welcoming environment.