- $14.25 Hourly
- Part Time / Full Time
- Ask Us!, Employee Discounts
- Employer Fairly Likely to Respond
Bistro Jolie is seeking an experienced, well rounded Bartender who is willing and able to complete both roles at the highest standard of service. This position plays a major role in a guest's dinner and/or bar experience. A bartender must be friendly, outgoing and possess good communication skills. A bartender should be organized and able to think and act quickly and effectively while retaining self-composure. Server's must be friendly, knowledgeable, and the face of Bistro Jolie.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Welcome each guests personally within 30 seconds.
- Communicate with guests using clear and enthusiastic words, tone and body language at all times. Make guests feel appreciated through bartender's actions.
- Work as a team with all Company's personnel to maintain an effective atmosphere and an efficient food and beverage service.
- Work with others to keep all areas cleaned and stocked to Company's standards at all times.
- Mix, garnish and serve alcoholic and nonalcoholic drinks for patrons of bar and dining room following standard recipes.
- Ring drink orders into computer immediately, collect money from guests for drinks served and make change.
- Arrange bottles and glasses to maintain an attractive display in agreement with Company's standards.
- Be attentive! Offer assistance before the guest has to ask for it.
- Anticipate your guest's needs. Follow the half-full rule when offering another drink. Be alert of guest signals (raising a hand, making eye contact, etc.), and acknowledge the guest to let them know the bartender will be right with them.
- Learn guests' names, occupations and favorite drinks. This will make Company a special place for them.
- Serve alcohol responsibly. Should a guest reach the state where the bartender does not feel the guest should drive, supply a taxi. Do not hesitate to ask for management intervention if necessary.
- Perform other duties as directed.
- Customer Focus.
- Communication Proficiency.
- Organizational Skills.
- Stress Management/Composure.
- Time Management.
Required Education and Experience
- 2+ years high end bartending experience
- High school diploma or GED.
- Ability to quickly learn POS system.
- Prior experience working in a restaurant.
- Basic knowledge of beer, wine and spirits, and familiarity with standard drink recipes.
Preferred Education and Experience
Prior experience as a bartender.
Additional Eligibility Qualifications
- Must be 21 or older.
- Must maintain an applicable state health and/or alcohol compliance card.
CONJURING UP LIFE ON THE CÔTE D’AZUR.
NODS TO PROVENCE, BASQUE COUNTRY, AND CLASSIC FRENCH BISTRO
INTERPRETED THROUGH SOUTHERN CALIFORNIA PRODUCT AND LOS ANGELES SAVIOR FAIRE.