- compensation depends on experience
- Full Time
- Health Insurance, Dental Insurance, Vision Insurance
- Employer Unlikely to Respond
FIG & OLIVE is about passion for the best olive oils, flavors and cuisine from the Riviera & Coastal regions of the South of France, Italy and Spain. Our large variety of extra virgin olive oils was selected to be paired with each dish and to be offered for tasting at the beginning of each meal. With fresh, seasonal ingredients and simple preparation, our cuisine exudes the genuine taste of food, from a ripe heirloom tomato, a leaf of aromatic basil, to a fresh grilled fish finished with lemon, rosemary, thyme and olive oil-simplicity, healthiness and refined flavors at their best.
PURPOSE The purpose of a Server is to interact with our guests and ensure they have a great experience when dining at FIG & OLIVE. Restaurant Servers are responsible for positive guest interactions while serving guests in a friendly and efficient manner. At all times, servers are expected to be attentive to our guest needs and making them feel welcomed, comfortable, important and relaxed. Servers are also expected to have some basic food knowledge.
RESPONSIBILITIES & DUTIES
- Prepares the tables, laying out napkins and utensils, making sure the condiments are refilled, performing all other preparation tasks
- Staying updated on current menu choices, specialties and menu deviations, knowing if the kitchen staff is running out of any items, etc.
- Presenting menus, suggesting dishes, assisting in drink selection, informing customers about food preparation details, communicating specific customer needs to the cooks
- Maintaining proper dining experience, delivering items, fulfilling customer needs, offering desserts and drinks, removing courses, replenishing utensils, refilling glasses•Properly open and pour wine at the tableside
- Obtaining revenues, issuing receipts, accepting payments, returning the change
- Performing basic cleaning tasks as needed or directed by supervisor•Filling in for absent staff as needed
- Assisting with special events as needed
- Greet all guests and owners warmly with an appropriate greeting
- Adhere to grooming and appearance standards consistently
- Understand and communicate all products and services available
- Occasionally resolve guest challenges & involve a Supervisor when needed
- Must have some familiarity with basic food knowledge
- Provide an enjoyable experience for customers•Commit to delivering high levels of customer service
- Ability to work well on a high performing team
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS & REQUIREMENTS
- Previous 2-3 years of serving experience in a high-volume fine dining restaurant required.
- Excellent oral communication skills required.
- Positive interpersonal skills required.
- Ability to stand for long periods of time.
- Ability to occasionally lift up to 25 lbs or more
- Must have Open Availability (AM & PM) & be able to work on weekdays, weekends, & holidays
- Food Handlers Card / ServSafe Certification