Quality Assurance Specialist
- Depends on experience
- Full Time
- Employer Fairly Likely to Respond
Veterans Village of San Diego is looking for employees who are passionate about serving all veterans. Changing the life of a vet takes a whole lot of work. It also takes dedication and commitment to our motto: Leave No One Behind. But the rewards are out of this world! We work hard, but we also enjoy having fun together. If you wish to be a part of this team and are ready to work for a cause, not just a paycheck, then VVSD is the place to start!
VVSD is looking for a Quality Assurance Specialist to work with our Intensive Treatment & Stabilization program. This position assists in development, administration and maintenance of systems to ensure compliance with County, State and Federal regulations and Drug Medi-Cal (DMC) requirements; in addition to ensuring accurate data collection and verification using VVSD’s designated databases. Works with the Compliance Director to plan, organize, direct and lead the quality improvement process to ensure overall program compliance.
• Monitors programs’ overall compliance including compliance with program developed systems.
• Prepares reports and makes recommendations for improving program and QI systems.
• Identify program training needs and provide such trainings to ensure compliance with funding requirements.
• Leads chart audits and provide program staff with recommendations to improve processes on a regular basis.
• Facilitates database trainings as needed and provide technical support to all assigned programs as needed and requested.
• Assists in identifying and monitoring measures to ensure compliance and submits reports to program funders.
• Educate and instruct others regarding documentation requirements to be in compliance with funding sources, HIPAA compliance and other appropriate material to maintain overall compliance in assigned programs.
• Assists the Compliance Director in preparing for audits by external regulatory agencies.
• Assist in the development of policies and procedures to ensure compliance with the regulation.
• Develop and improve existing tools, training materials, policy and procedure and systems.
• Bachelor of Arts degree in a social services or related field preferred.
• Two years’ experience working with participant charts managed by Title 9, Title 22, HIPAA, HITECH (Medi-Cal, Drug Medi-Cal, Medicare, and confidentiality regulations) preferred.
• Two years of administrative experience preferred.
• Proficiencies in all Microsoft products.
• Proficiencies in Electronic Health Record systems.
• Experience in Behavioral Health Care and knowledge of the ASAM criteria preferred.
• Knowledge of analyzing data and submitting reports to meet deadlines.
• Excellent professional phone skills.
• Ability to fluently read, write and communicate in English.
• Must be able to prioritize and switch priorities at a moment’s notice
• Able to effectively interact, in a professional manner, with a variety of government agencies, state, county, city and federal
VVSD offers competitive pay and benefits including 12 paid holidays a year, paid vacation and paid sick leave, pension, health insurance, dental and vision plans.
• If you were a client of VVSD, you must have been out of all programs for a minimum of 2 years.
• Veterans Village of San Diego is an equal opportunity workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity, or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.