DIRECTOR OF OPERATIONS
- compensation depends on experience
- Full Time
- Health Insurance, Dental Insurance, Vision Insurance, Meal Plan / Free Food, Ask Us!
- Employer Likely to Respond
DIRECTOR OF OPERATIONS – SAN FRANCISCO BAY AREA
Mendocino Farms Sandwich Market
As a DIRECTOR OF OPERATIONS for Mendocino Farms you will lead a team of restaurant operators focused on operational excellence. You will be responsible for leading, managing and developing our operators throughout the San Francisco Bay Area. You’ll be an active member of the Operations Leadership Team and help to shape operations strategy as well as ensure that the company’s strategic initiatives come to light in your market.
The right candidate is a proven leader and operator, familiar with high growth environments, skilled at managing a P&L, is an excellent communicator, sets a high bar for him/herself, and is adept at developing talent. If you are someone who thrives in a critical leadership position and gains personal satisfaction when sharing knowledge and driving operational excellence, then this is a great role for you.
This role will be based in the San Francisco Bay Area and will require travel to all Bay Area Mendocino Farms locations.
- Manage field operations teams to deliver on our mission of selling happy
- Monitor and drive flawless execution in day-to-day operations; visit our restaurants often to ensure that all aspects of the business meet established guidelines and standards across all dayparts and parts of the week
- Hire, train, develop, retain and evaluate leadership talent to create and maintain high performing teams that reduce turnover, create succession & growth and ensure that our top talent is ready to take on additional responsibilities
- Assist with the development of strategic and tactical plans for the market and ensure the completion of each, holding individuals accountable to assigned tasks
- Monitor all aspects of the business in-person and by using the various methods and reporting tools available (Daily sales reports, score cards, guest insights, labor and food cost tools), and then use the data and personal observations to coach and re-established goals
- Develop and execute plans and initiatives that consistently achieve and beat the company's desired sales and profitability targets for both existing and newly established operations
- Champion the operating culture by delivering a high level of system-wide operations execution that exceed guest expectations in each restaurant, every shift, every time; build a culture of accountability to financial and operational standards
- Ensure flawless opening, execution and results of new restaurant openings by playing an active role during pre and post opening
- Develop and maintain relationships across the company to ensure productive partnerships with various cross functional business partners and disciplines at Base Camp
- Deliver consistently on the company's goals and KPI’s
- Exhibit leadership by example through effective coaching, motivating and reinforcing the company's operating principles and core values while maintaining a high level of visibility with company operations
- Demonstrate progress through analysis and forecasting and presentation of conclusions and recommendations to the executive team
- Ensure compliance with all local laws and regulations as well as company policy as it relates to the running of your market especially as it relates to food safety and labor laws
- Maintain a strong industry network and local market knowledge for our brand
ESSENTIAL SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
- 3+ years of successful Multi-Unit Restaurant Operations leadership experience with
- Prior restaurant General Manager leadership experience
- Demonstrated ability to lead people and get results through others
- Ability to organize and manage multiple priorities
- Familiar with Microsoft Office, and experience with using Excel
- High performance teams and a strong team player
- Skill in assessing and prioritizing multiple tasks, projects, and demands
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
There is no “I” in Mendo
Mendocino Farms is an equal opportunity employer that values diversity at all levels. All individuals, regardless of personal characteristics, are encouraged to apply. Mendocino Farms will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories for employment in a manner consistent with the requirements of the Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring.