Gjelina Restaurant (Gjelina Group) – Server
- compensation depends on experience
- Full Time
- Health Insurance, Dental Insurance, Vision Insurance, Employee Discounts
- Employer Fairly Likely to Respond
Gjelina Restaurant is seeking a Server. Gjelina maintains a vegetable forward, farmer’s market driven food program that places high value on how our ingredients are produced, where sourced and how delivered. We ensure to source the best ingredients available through our continued close relationship with growers.
Responsibilities & Requirements
· Report for duty on time and prepared for your shift, manage your time including taking rest and meal breaks in compliance with California Labor Law
· Respond to any menu/drinks queries with knowledgeable answers, deal with any service issues through your floor manager and communicate any unresolved issues to them at the end of the shift
· Know our regulars and encourage new guests to become regulars by establishing a rapport that includes the guests’ likes and dislikes
· Knowledge of all dishes on the menu, to be able to identify them and to know their ingredients
· Knowledge of all beverage items to include undertaking in-house training in wine
· Ability to use all relevant items of equipment
· Ability to use the restaurant point of sale system and troubleshoot problems.
· Food Handler Certified – Food Handling & Sanitation Awareness
· Wine knowledge essential
Our belief is that every hourly employee contributes to a customer's experience, so a mandatory service charge will be added to each check, and 100% of it is to be shared amongst them.