Restaurant Floor Manager
- $55K - $60K Annual Salary
- Full Time
- Health Insurance, Dental Insurance, Vision Insurance, Employee Discounts, Meal Plan / Free Food, Ask Us!
- Employer Unlikely to Respond
Welcome to The Venice Whaler, a local institution, welcoming locals and visitors alike, since 1944.
We’ve been an escape from reality, a place for celebration, and a favorite watering hole to numerous artists including the Doors, Beatles, and Beach Boys. So whether it’s our magical sunsets, our killer margaritas, or our world famous fish tacos that brought you in, we invite you to stay a while and join us in the same toast that we’ve been raising since 1944 – TO LIFE!
The Venice Whaler is looking for an amazing and passionate restaurant/bar manager to join our team!
This position supports the General Manager in venue management, responsible for training and helping to develop the venue’s identity
Focus is on, but not limited to the following:
- Ensures customer requests and feedback, both verbal and written are responded to promptly and efficiently
- Maintains and creates relationships within the industry to increase revenues and guest attendance in the venue
- Provides clear handover during shift changes, ensuring each shift is reviewed and handovers/briefings are carried out
- Assists with the management/running of staff meetings, ensuring the entire team is being fully briefed
- Stays aware and notified all staff of menu changes, special requests/requirements and any upcoming party reservations are properly prepared for and implemented
- Reviews and communicates financial concerns and new information with the General Manager of the venue
- Assists with building and maintaining an efficient team of employees, driving the team towards meeting and attempting to exceed business objectives
- Supports the delivery of all key training with the General Manager, identifying training needs and capability gaps within the team
- Promotes a positive and open-door policy with venue staff at all times
- Audits holiday/sick/vacation and scheduling needs on a daily and weekly basis
- Ensures a safe workplace by identifying and reporting hazards and taking corrective action where needed
- Trains staff and addresses any issues regarding training on a daily and weekly basis
- Effectively oversees and directs all venue and/or bar operations in a smooth and professional manner
- Reviews/addresses venue and staff issues with upper and lower level management in a timely and organized manner
- Minimum of two (2+) years of Restaurant/Bar Management experience
- Proven leadership abilities with emphasis on creating and maintain positive work environments
- Must be able to manage multiple tasks in stressful environments
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills is essential