Facilities Technician IV
- compensation depends on experience
- Full Time
- Health Insurance, Dental Insurance, Vision Insurance, 401K / Retirement
- Employer Fairly Likely to Respond
Works with moderate supervision to preserve, restore and enhance the appearance of SLI buildings, facilities and equipment. Perform repairs and routine maintenance on equipment and the facilities in a safe, timely and professional manner. Assist with new construction, re-models, and demolition and facility enhancement efforts. Provide support to other activities and/or special projects as assigned by engineering management.
- Ability to plan, set and follow up through daily activities in compliance with maintenance schedules and repair orders,
- Performs all types of industrial painting work to include machinery painting, interior and exterior finish work, and other types of painting assignments as directed by engineering management,
- Duties will include, but will not be limited to the following: cleaning, inspecting, lubricating, adjusting, painting, sheet rocking, modifying, and restoring equipment, new construction or tenant improvement demolitions, framing, drywall, texturing, stucco, concrete, floor tile, ceiling, walkways, doors, lighting, etc.,
- Supports with other types of assignments, such as assemble, install, rearrange and dispose of furniture, artwork, signs, equipment, etc. as needed,
- Assists and supports the Engineering Department by performing routine maintenance to equipment and facilities,
- Provides assistance to senior technicians on repairs and maintenance of the following systems to include, but not limited to: air conditioning and refrigeration equipment, compressed gases, vacuum systems and pumps, hydraulics, pneumatics, electrical, plumbing, structural, welding, construction, landscaping, lighting, emergency power generators, test equipment and meters, centrifuges, mixers, purification systems, telecommunications systems, pouching machines, box tapers, printers, plastic sealing machines, heat tunnels, conveyors, forklifts, pallet jacks, hoists, industrial wiring and power distribution systems, dehumidifiers, filters, and other equipment and systems as directed by the Global Engineering Manager,
- Supports with the company’s vehicle fleet preventive maintenance and repairs,
- Meets with vendors for the purpose of scheduled repairs,
- Clerical duties will be conducted in accordance with Scantibodies EOP’s and SOP’s.
- Travels to all Scantibodies Facilities as required performing job duties and inspection walkthroughs,
- Utilizes the Computer Maintenance Management System (CMMS) to follow up on WO and PM assignments, enters data related to the work progress and/or completion on the date it is performed to ensure the accuracy of the data and key performance indicators that are reported to management,
- Reports the usage of spare parts and supplies in order to help keep an adequate supply of critical items.
- Maintains a neat, clean and organized work area.
- Works with all departments as assigned with courtesy and enthusiasm to promote an ever-improving safe working environment for all employees.
- Returns all phone calls as soon as possible and certainly within the same day. On the rare occasion that you are unable to return a call, for any reason, then call no later than first thing the following morning.
- Keeps the on call phone with you and turned on.
- Regular, reliable and predictable attendance.
- Multi-line Phone System
- Painting Equipment and Supplies
- Various Hand Tools (ex. Hammers, Screwdrivers, Wrenches)
- Various Types of Meters (ex. Multi-meters, Tachometers)
- Lawn Care Equipment
- Various Types of Saws (ex. Table Saw, Skill Saw, Jig Saw)
- Refrigeration and Air Conditioning Test and Servicing Equipment
- Pressure Washers
- Welders and Brazing Equipment
- Conduit Benders, Routers, Drills and Other Equipment as required
- Operate Forklifts, scissor lifts, boom lifts.
- Company Vehicles.
- High School diploma or equivalent required.
- Experience at a level equivalent to journeyman painter or similar work experience and education with developed skill sets that provide knowledge and abilities for application of appropriate coatings for metal and structures exposed to adverse weather and moisture conditions
- Considerable knowledge of practices, tools, equipment and techniques associated with construction trades.
- Considerable knowledge of standard hand and power tools and other construction tools, ability to use and operate the tools in a safe and efficient manner.
- Considerable knowledge of safety standards and precautions pertaining to SDS recommendations and requirements.
- Requires manual dexterity of both hands and feet to perform activities such as lifting overhead, twisting and bending while lifting, climbing ladders and stairs while wearing protective equipment.
- Knowledge on the appropriate use of PPE.
- Ability to comprehend, read, write and speak the English language.
- Valid driver’s license, current proof of insurance and clean driving record.
Working Conditions; Physical & Mental Demands:
- Ability to interact tactfully and courteously with SLI Department Supervisors and Personnel
- Motivation and flexibility to learn new skills while providing assistance to the engineering personnel
- Must be able to lift 70 lbs. regularly and up to 90 lbs. on occasion
Supervision of Others:
Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO):
SLI is an equal opportunity employer and all employees are responsible for maintaining a discrimination and harassment free environment.
All employees are accountable for conducting their daily business responsibilities in an ethical and moral manner.
The above declarations are not intended to be an "all-inclusive" list of duties and responsibilities of the job described, nor are they intended to be such a listing of the skills and abilities required to do the job. Rather, they are intended only to describe the general nature of the job.