- $15.00 Hourly
- Part Time
- Employee Discounts
- Employer Fairly Likely to Respond
A Brand Ambassador is responsible for representing the Sweet Rose Creamery brand and ethos to the public. Primary responsibilities include product demonstrations in grocery stores to educate and excite customers about Sweet Rose ice cream & ensure product is accurately stocked & presented.
- Minimum 2 years restaurant, retail, or customer service experience preferred
- Demos will most likely be 1/week for 5 hours and varying times and days. WEEKENDS & PERSONAL TRANSPORTATION REQUIRED.
Performance skills and goals:
- Professional and personable demeanor with both customer and colleague interactions. Ability to focus on the present situation and leave outside negativity.
- Display enthusiasm for Sweet Rose philosophy and ice cream, maintain and expand product and ingredient knowledge while continually sharing this knowledge with customers. Proactively encouraging customers to try our brand and educating them on what makes us unique and special.
- Strong organizational and communication skills; ability to take direction from management staff, communicate qualitative & quantitative feedback from each of your demo shifts to management (positive or negative)
- Take accurate shelf inventory counts before and after each product demonstration and ability to report changes in inventory
- Attention to detail and presentation. Ensuring that product is displayed properly and accurately represents the brand at all times.
- Check in with grocery store managers & purchasers to learn about how our product is performing and identify areas for improvement
- Display understanding and proper execution of all Sweet Rose policies and procedures at all times
- Ability to multitask efficiently, prioritize deadlines, handle unforeseen urgencies, adapt to sudden changes, delegate or ask for help as needed, and work well under pressure.
- Exceptional teamwork mentality and willingness to take initiative in FOH/BOH support
- Exceptional work ethic: Time management and punctuality, ability to take directions as well as professionally coach staff and offer constructive feedback when required
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Reside within 20 miles of Sweet Rose Creamery and have reliable transportation
- Have a valid California driver’s license or ID
- Available to work 5-10 hours a week, including nights and weekends
- Flexible and open to unforeseen scheduling adjustments
- Able to lift and carry up to 50 pounds, including on staircases
- Able to work in close quarters and stand for long periods of time (up to 8 hours)
- Serv Safe Certified (California state law for food service workers; test available at servsafe.com)
- Microsoft Office skills: Excel, Word
Sweet Rose Creamery is an Equal Opportunity Employer
At Sweet Rose Creamery we make small batches of hand-crafted ice cream daily in our kitchen in Santa Monica. We use only the best ingredients we can get our hands on including organic milk and cream from Clover Farms, organic eggs from Chino Family Farms, fresh fruit and nuts from our favorite famers at the Santa Monica Farmers' Market and more. Our kitchen is 100% GMO free and kosher certified, and we make our own toppings, sauces and cones daily as well.
All of the Rustic Canyon Family of Restaurants operate around the same main goal: to ensure that all of our customers and staff alike who walk through our doors leave feeling satisfied, nourished and inspired. This starts with the ingredients we buy. We buy as much of our produce as possible from the Santa Monica Farmers Market and other local and sustainable vendors. Next we believe that food tastes better when it is made by hand in house. We create all our own ice cream, doughs, stocks and more by using classic craftsmanship and technique. Finally, we take our work very seriously but strive not to take ourselves too seriously in the process. We believe food, our restaurants' atmosphere and service should be thoughtful and informed but not pretentious. On top of this we are committed to our community and the health of our natural environment.