MatchaBar Silverlake seeks skilled barista
- $12.50 Hourly
- Part Time
- Meal Plan / Free Food, Employee Discounts
- Employer Likely to Respond
MatchaBar is a matcha company founded by two brothers in Brooklyn, New York. MatchaBar opened its flagship--the country's first specialty matcha cafe--in Williamsburg, Brooklyn in 2014. In 4 short years, the team has opened 3 cafes and taken a bottled product to the national market. This summer we launched the Hustle, a sparkling matcha energy drink! All the while, the brothers remain on a simple mission: to bring matcha to the people, sharing better energy with the world around them!
Our Mission -- To Bring Matcha to the People!
Our Values -- Good Things Come to those who Hustle!
Do we believe in Karma? Magic? Santa Claus? We're not quite sure, but we do believe in the hustle. It's the backbone of our business, and is responsible for MatchaBar's very existence! The hustle is about going above and beyond to get the job done. Our community, the MatchaFam, defines itself by just this hard work, passion, and a sense of purpose.
MatchaBar is in need of strong baristas at its Silverlake location as we prepare for the busy fall and winter season.
The MatchaBar Silverlake store is a rad space in the awesome Sunset Blvd. We serve matcha, espresso, and pastries primarily through the walk-up window. Because this cafe is in a busy walking neighborhood and attached to a popular grab-and-go lunch spot, we have a steady flow of mid- to high-volume traffic, particularly during the warmer months. The Silverlake location is a cozy station for rockstar baristas with the ability to multi-task and find synergy with workflows.
MatchaBar is in need of fast-paced, engaging, enthusiastic, and motivated individuals to fulfill opening, closing, and mid shifts. Candidates must have open availability for at least 3 days per week, with full availability on the weekends.
- Deliver impeccable hospitality to guests and fellow teammates.
- Work in a small team to perfect the execution of expertly prepared MatchaBar drinks in both Espresso and Matcha Categories.
- Learn all stations and be open to fulfilling different roles as needed.
- Stay knowledgeable about MatchaBar's current matcha and food offerings through tastings and information provided to you by your Cafe Manager and/or MatchaBar's owners who are actively involved in the day-to-day.
- Support your team in keeping the cafe running smoothly and beautifully. These tasks may vary but can include washing dishes, clearing dishes, sweeping, dusting, mopping, cleaning, stocking, restocking, wiping down tables, prepping signature drink ingredients, organizing milk bar, and taking out trash.
- 6+ months of high-volume café experience, either with espresso or matcha
- Have a Food Handlers License in California State, or commit to starting the process within your first month of employment (MatchaBar will cover the cost of obtaining your license)
- Passionate about customer service and creating meaningful connections with the community
- Passionate about creating a meaningful and memorable in-store experience for MatchaBar customers that visit from around the globe (especially the incredible community that visits from Japan)
- Professional about your work without pretentiousness. MatchaBar serves a wide range of customers and all are treated with the same respect and courtesy
- 18+ years of age
- Eligibility to staff pop-ups at a variety of events, from corporate meetings to summer festivals (including Coachella)
- Free matcha / espresso during your shift
- Access to Devocion espresso and latte art training
- Work with a functional, delicious product with a team of diverse, young people for a growing company that rewards your hustle!
HOW TO APPLY
Please send your resume with a brief cover letter that mentions your applicable experience, availability, and what our company mantra "Good things come to those who hustle" means to you!