- compensation depends on experience
- Part Time
- Meal Plan / Free Food, Employee Discounts
- Employer Fairly Likely to Respond
PART-TIME BARISTA (Mar Vista)
Part-time Barista and Sales Associate Needed at coffee shop in Mar Vista
Alana’s Coffee Roasters is looking for part-time ( approximately 20 hours per week) experienced Baristas. We are a local small-batch coffee roaster that started in farmers markets around Los Angeles. We are looking to expand our staff at our first brick and mortar location. We are all about coffee from bean origin, bean processing, roasting and making excellent espresso and pour-over drinks.
We are looking for part-time baristas with 2 + years of coffee experience. You must be able to pull a great shot and be comfortable with a steam wand and a pitcher of milk or milk alternative. Candidates will also be required to spend some time on the register and support other baristas if need be. Must be knowledgeable in coffee, tea, and drink preparation. Latte art is a plus but honestly, personality is just as important. We also have a new food program which is super simple to execute. Must be able to lift boxes and cases of milk and relatively light furniture when we close. Because we are in a pour-over environment you'll have some time to talk with customers and ideally you enjoy that process. We are fairly low key and want to make coffee accessible; and for our café to serve as a community spot.
We are looking for honest, punctual, reliable, & friendly individuals with a passion for the craft. At this time we are only seeking applicants with 2+ years of experience on non-automated machines in a third-wave café or roastery. . Check out our Yelp! reviews to see what people are saying about our place.
- Part-time with possibility to transition to full-time
RATE OF PAY & PERKS:
- HOURLY – DEPENDS ON EXPERIENCE
REQUIREMENTS & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Applicants must have or be willing to procure CA Food Handler’s License
- Ability to take and prepare drink orders including coffee, tea, and espresso based beverages (latte art is a plus!)
- Ensuring appropriate health and safety standards while maintaining a clean and sanitary work station
- Ability to stand for long periods and lift up to 50 lbs
- Availability to work all scheduled shifts
- Outgoing personality, ability to communicate clearly and often, willingness to engage customers
Please send us your resume, along with a brief description of yourself Feel free to include any relevant pictures (latte art, etc.). Looking to interview and fill this position immediately. Please do not apply if you do not have coffee experience.