- $50K Annual Salary
- Full Time
- Employer Very Likely to Respond
As Executive Sous Chef, you are a vital part of the kitchen! You are the conduit from the kitchen to the servers. You will work directly under the Executive Chef, and are directly responsible for food quality and maintenance in the kitchen. Please understand the requirements of the position below - as it is a respectable job yet and highly demanding;
- Work with the executive chef to produce diversified menus in accordance with the restaurant’s policy and vision
- Produce high quality, consistent dishes that follow up the established menu and level up to location’s standards, as well as to clients’ requirements.
- Follow schedule according to dish research, tastings, launch and print on menu.
- Ability to communicate in a clear, conscious way to all team members.
- Test recipes and make recommendations.
- Help create training materials and ensure staff are preparing food items properly.
- Ability to work a variety of shifts (daylight, afternoon, evenings).
- Cook in both a kitchen and behind a deli counter depending on business needs.
- All staff are treated with respect.
- 2 days off per week.
- Menu input encouraged.
- Menu changes seasonally.
- Gluten free and vegan techniques are used and taught. Healthy, fun and creative environment to work in.
- 2+ years NYC Sous Chef experience required
- Excellent communication skills
- Great team player
- Willingness to learn and grow as a chef
Modern Bread and Bagel
Brunch is not just for the weekend. Cold Smoked, House Cured, and Citrus Poached Salmon as well as a variety of unique cream cheeses complement our kettle boiled Ancient Grain Bagels. Our all day menu features creative egg dishes inspired by our favorite cafes in Sydney and Tel Aviv with dishes ranging from Red or Green Shakshuka to Corn & Goat Cheese Fritters with Eggs and Chili Jam.
We do as much as we can in house, squeezing our own juice, blending our own teas, churning our own butter, and even making our own cereal! Our breads include a Goat Cheese & Onion Focaccia, a Lentil Pugliese, and a Seeded Multigrain that can be topped with smashed avo, labneh, homemade hummus and more. Full-time baristas craft a variety of tea lattes and espresso drinks with coffee from Australian owned Grumpy Roasters in Brooklyn. Our pastries are also made on site and serve as the foundation for yummy dine-in dishes like our Cinnamon Babka French Toast topped with Caramelized Apples.
We are confident you will appreciate our commitment to artisan production methods and hope that you will visit soon to dine with us or take advantage of our excellent take home options.
Arba is a modern Israeli restaurant that is dedicated to artisan and natural food, with a focus on fish, cheese, vegetables, and fresh baked bread that everyone can enjoy.
We offer a unique seven course tasting menu which reflects Mediterranean flavors and culture. Our Chef is constantly creating new dishes to keep things interesting and changes the menu weekly to ensure we are always using the freshest ingredients.