Copper Lounge Bar Manager R162523
- $55K - $60K Annual Salary
- Health Insurance, Dental Insurance, Vision Insurance, 401K / Retirement, Ask Us!, Meal Plan / Free Food, Employee Discounts
- Employer Fairly Likely to Respond
Do you see yourself as a Copper Lounge Manager? What's your passion? Whether you're into skiing, board games or just playing with the kids, at IHG we're interested in YOU. At IHG we employ people who apply the same amount of care and passion to their jobs as they do their hobbies - people who put our guests at the heart of everything they do. And we're looking for more people like this to join our friendly and professional team.
Ideally located on Avenue of the Stars in Century City, the InterContinental Los Angeles Century City at Beverly Hills Hotel is just minutes away from Beverly Hills and close to LAX airport, Santa Monica and Hollywood. Our property offers 364 elegant guest rooms, including 150 spacious suites, all with private balconies and inspiring panoramic views of the ocean or the Hollywood Hills. Dedicated to providing guests with exceptional service, the InterContinental Los Angeles Century City at Beverly Hills evokes a unique combination of understated elegance and modern luxury.
Your day to day
In this role you will manage the bar/lounge operations of the hotel to ensure the achievement of established beverage quality and guest service quality standards and departmental revenue and profit goals. Adhere to federal, state and local regulations concerning health, safety, responsible service of alcohol, or other compliance requirements, as well as brand standards and local policies and procedures.
- Manage the day-to-day activities of one or more bar/lounge Schedule employees to ensure proper coverage, and plan and assign work. Communicate and enforce policies and procedures.
- Recommend and/or initiate salary, disciplinary, or other staffing/human resources-related actions in accordance with company rules and Alert management of potentially serious issues.
- Ensure all staff is properly trained, and certified as required, and have the tools and equipment needed to effectively carry out their job
- Ensure guests are greeted upon arrival and receive prompt and professional
- Establish and implement appropriate service recovery procedures in order to ensure total guest
- Create innovative programs and promotions to market special menu items and Support system-wide food and beverage programs. Monitor performance of such programs through analysis of guest feedback and financial results. Initiate corrective measures as needed. Conduct meetings to inform staff of special promotions, daily specials, and additional information.
- Achieve budgeted revenues, control expenses and labor costs, and maximize profitability for assigned beverage outlet(s). Assist in preparation of operating budget and financial plans which support the overall objectives of the food and beverage
- Establish and maintain procedures to (1) ensure the security and proper storage of liquor, bar inventory and equipment, (2) ensure the security of monies, credit and financial transactions, (3) replenish supplies, inventory, uniforms, etc.in a timely and efficient manner, and (4) to minimize waste and breakage of glassware and Establish par levels for supplies and equipment. Establish procedures and timeframes for conducting inventory.
- Ensure that all bar equipment, including but not limited to sinks, taps, blenders, cash registers, , is in proper operational condition and is cleaned on a regular basis. Ensure that all bar/lounge facilities are cleaned, vacuumed, and properly stocked according to anticipated business volumes . Notify Engineering immediately of any maintenance and repair needs.
- Promote teamwork and quality service through daily communication and coordination with other departments. Key departmental contacts include Sales and Marketing, Catering, Banquets, Housekeeping, Maintenance and Guest
- Interact with outside contacts:
- Guests - to ensure their total satisfaction
- Vendors -to ensure adequate inventory of supplies and equipment, to discuss pricing or service issues, to resolve any vendor performance issues,
- o Regulatory agencies - regarding safety and compliance matters
- o Other contacts as needed (professional organizations, community groups, local media)
- May serve as Manager on Duty
- Perform other duties as assigned including assisting bar staff with their job functions during peak
- Supervises a number of employees in one or more beverage outlets in a large, full-service , luxury, or resort hotel with multiple major food and beverage outlets, high volume banquet and convention facilities, and a large number of VIP and key
What we need from you
High school diploma or equivalent and one year of restaurant management experience in a full service outlet or similar setting, or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
Hospitality Management Degree or formal food and beverage operations training preferred. Must speak fluent English.
This job requires ability to perform the following:
- Carrying or lifting items weighing up to 50 pounds
- Moving about the outlet(s)
- Handling objects, products
- Bending, stooping, kneeling
- Communication skills are utilized a significant amount of time when interacting with others; demonstrated ability to interact with customers,employees and third parties that reflects highly on the hotel, the brand and the
- Reading and writing abilities are utilized often when completing paperwork, ordering, interpreting results, and giving and receiving instructions.
- Mathematical skills, including basic math, budgeting, profit/loss concepts, percentages, and variances are utilized
- Problem solving, reasoning, motivating, organizational and training abilities are used
- Alcohol awareness certification and/or food service permit or valid health/food handler card as required by local or state government
- May be required to work nights,weekends ,and/or holidays.
What we offer
In return we'll give you a competitive financial and benefits package which may include healthcare support, dental, vision, disability and life insurance support, and a matching 401k plan. Hotel discounts worldwide are available as well as access to a wide variety of discount programs and the chance to work with a great team of people. Most importantly, we'll give you the room to be yourself. So what's your passion? if you are interested in any of these positions, log onto our website at www.careers.ihg to see our job qualifications and apply directly online. IHG is an equal opportunity employer: Minorities / Females / Disabled / Veterans