- Depends on experience
- Full Time
- Health Insurance, Dental Insurance, Vision Insurance, 401K / Retirement, Employee Discounts, Ask Us!
- Employer Very Unlikely to Respond
Wolfgang Puck is opening his celebrated Bar & Grill restaurant in Disney Springs in October.
We are seeking to hire experienced Sous Chefs to join the team!
The Key Ingredient Is Our People! Wolfgang Puck Fine Dining Group is always looking for bright, energetic, hospitable, talented people who share our passion for creative food and artful hospitality.
The Wolfgang Puck Fine Dining Group has established our restaurants with the objectives of providing a unique cuisine paired with a special ambience in order to create a memorable fine dining experience for our guests. Our restaurants are part of our continuous effort to offer superlative quality and the highest level of gracious and courteous guest service. To perform successfully, our employees must not only have the qualifications and abilities to perform each of the essential functions of this position, but also must continually strive to meet or surpass The Wolfgang Puck Fine Dining Group's objectives and exacting standards.
Job Summary:The Sous Chef is the second supervises the daily operation of assigned kitchen(s). Monitors kitchen(s) profitability and quality standards. Provides direction to line employees to improve the operations of the department. Assists with food production as needed.
Essential Job Functions:
- Interact with other Department Heads to help operations proceed smoothly
- Encourages and motivates employees
- Be accessible and available to employees
- Consistently demonstrate excellent people skills when dealing with employees and guests
- Assist with administering, coordinating and distributing information to all kitchen employees.
- Maintain accurate paperwork for scheduling, payroll and employee records
- Provide Human Resources with the necessary information to keep personnel files current
- Observe employee performance in assigned kitchen(s)
- Ensure employees adhere to established policies and procedures
- Provide feedback to the Executive Chef, Executive Sous Chef and Sous Chef for the preparation of kitchen employee performance reviews
- Ensure kitchen cleanliness and quality physical appearance of each kitchen.
- Ensure a neat, clean and safe working environment
- Organize and maintain food storage, rotation and utilization
- Ensure guest satisfaction (i.e. food quality, production, presentation) and resolve guest complaints
- Assist with ordering food products and ensuring the quality of these products
- Taste and review food products on a daily basis to ensure quality and consistency with preparation and presentation
- Demonstrate to Line staff how to properly prepare menu items
- Demonstrate to Prep staff and Butchers how to properly prepare and store food items
- Direct and oversee the daily activities of assigned kitchen(s) which could include:
- Main Kitchen
- Prep or Appetizer kitchen
- Butcher Shop
- Garde Manger * Conduct daily inspections of assigned kitchen(s) and delegate job tasks and responsibilities throughout these kitchens
- Complete food ordering and approve requisitions
- Assist with developing, implementing and maintaining new recipes, presentations and products
- Implements daily “special” menu at the direction of the Executive Chef or Executive Sous Chef
- Identify and communicate suggestions to the Executive Chef or Executive Sous Chef for policies and procedures to improve the operation
- Present needs of the department to the Executive Chef, Executive Sous Chef and Sous Chef
- Complete special projects as directed by the Executive Chef or Executive Sous chef
- Assist in the job duties and responsibilities of kitchen employees when business dictates
- Assists with creating, implementing and monitoring action plans to minimize costs to ensure that budgetary goals are met
- Maintains established food par levels and accurate paperwork for inventory
- Performs other related duties as assigned or requested
- Responsible for Kitchen in absence of Executive Chef
Supervisory Responsibilities:Directly supervises the kitchen staff and carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with Wolfgang Puck Fine Dining policies and applicable laws. Responsibilities include interviewing, hiring, training employees; planning, assigning and directing work; appraising performance; rewarding; discipline employees in conjunction with Human resources, addressing complaints and resolving problems.
Qualifications:To perform this job successfully, and individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Minimum 2 years sous chef experience preferably in fine dining operation
- Social Banquet experience a plus
- One year prior inventory/cost control experience
- Well-rounded food background with extensive knowledge of all kitchen equipment
- Computer skills helpful
Knowledge, Skills, & Abilities:
- Effective verbal and written communication skills and math analyzation skills
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as recipes, memos, safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions and procedure manuals
- Ability to write routine reports and requisitions.
- Ability to speak effectively before groups of customers or employees of organization
- Ability to add, subtract, multiply and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions and decimals
- Ability to calculate and apply figures and amounts in recipe and labor costing and control
- Ability to follow delegation while providing technical and management troubleshooting and problem solving techniques
- Demonstrated operational logical: multi-unit prioritizing skills
- Strong interpersonal staff relations and leadership skills
- Demonstrated proficiency in butchery, pastry and garde manger
Wolfgang Puck Group is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate against applicants due to race, ethnicity, gender, sexual orientation, veteran status, or on the basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.