- compensation depends on experience
- Full Time
- Health Insurance, Dental Insurance, Vision Insurance, 401K / Retirement, Employee Discounts, Meal Plan / Free Food
Santa Monica Proper Hotel is looking for a Bell/Door Attendant. A seamless merger of historic retrofit and new construction, the 271-room Santa Monica Proper hotel will feature interior design by international style icon Kelly Wearstler, multiple dining options by local area culinary stars, a rooftop lounge and swimming pool, 8,000 square feet of meeting and event space, and almost 7,000 square feet of ground floor retail.
The Bell/Door Attendant must possess a positive and upbeat personality with a desire to deliver outstanding customer service to our guests. A background in a luxury hotel, customer service or hospitality role is preferred, but most importantly we are seeking a candidate who demonstrates responsibility, friendliness and etiquette.
• Welcome, greet and escort guests
• Provide assistance with luggage and transportation needs
• Coordinate guest requests, reservations and miscellaneous tasks as required
• Maintain accurate knowledge of hotel services
• Ensure that all deliveries for guests are correctly recorded and then delivered to the correct destination in a timely fashion
• Ensure that management/leadership team is kept fully aware of any relevant feedback from guests and/or other departments
• 1-3 years’ experience in a similar role in hospitality
• Must be motivated and demonstrate exceptional customer service and interpersonal skills
• Excellent ability to communicate clearly, concisely, and openly in all interactions
• Strong organizational and analytical skills, along with demonstrated ability to multi-task and prioritize in a fast-paced work environment
• Flexible schedule - Willing and able to work shift duties that may include evenings, weekends and holidays
Proper Hospitality is made up of a diverse group of passionate individuals who share a common love for hotels and the art of hospitality. Our philosophy is simple: There is a right way to do things and anything less just isn’t proper. We are seeking out the “best of the best” from inside and outside of the industry to work alongside us as we grow a new kind of lifestyle Hospitality Company inspired by a centuries-old tradition. The work is challenging and fast-paced, but rewarding above all.
Proper Hospitality provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, gender, gender identity or expression, genetics, or any other federal/state protected category.
Proper Hospitality will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with local Fair Chance Hiring Ordinances.