- compensation depends on experience
- Full Time
- Health Insurance, Dental Insurance, Vision Insurance, Ask Us!, Meal Plan / Free Food
- Employer Fairly Likely to Respond
Do you love hospitality and catering? Mendocino Farms is looking for a superstar Los Angeles-based Catering Manager to serve as a Brand Ambassador and maintain Mendocino Farms’ “Best in Class” standards to generate sales, build relationships with catering accounts, and coach our catering team. This position will work with the Los Angeles area Mendocino Farms locations.
The Catering Manager is responsible for planning, developing, and growing sales for multiple restaurant locations, while maintaining relationships with existing clients. This position is responsible for coaching the catering team at each store on our Mendo “Best Practices” for catering.
Build & Retain Sales
- Identifying each store’s major target clients and organizes outside sales efforts through a variety of creative marketing channels; partners with the Marketing Manager to contribute catering marketing plans and strategies
- Understands the overall catering market, competitors’ strengths and weaknesses, economic trends, supply and demand, and how to sell against them
- Is knowledgeable about each store’s top clients and performs regular check-ins to ensure that Mendocino Farms continues to be their top choice
- Contacts lapsed customers to understand how their catering needs have changed
- Partners with the Marketing Manager to develop a thoughtful “thank you” program consisting of loyalty rewards
- The Catering Manager acts as the catering liaison between the Operations Team and the Marketing Team in regards to the Catering Department
- Partners with Operations to attract, develop and retain the right team members to maintain the Mendocino Farms “Best In Class” Catering Standards
- Partners with Operations to create, write, and design innovative training programs
- Directs, leads, and coaches the Catering Team using sales initiatives and “Best in Class” Standards to achieve individual and team sales goals
- Monthly reports include, but are not limited to, financial variance report and analysis to forecast budgets and track sales progress to anticipate and address revenue challenges and track trends; target client lists and plans of action per store
Desired Skills & Experience
- No sales experience necessary if you have a passion for hospitality
- Regional travel is required, must have a valid driver’s license and reliable transportation
- Proven ability to develop, nurture, and maintain strong client relationships
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously in a fast paced environment
- Must be organized, and possess a strong sense of urgency and professional demeanor
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office programs
- College degree preferred but not required
What’s up with Mendo?
Mendocino Farms is a fun, fast paced, upbeat, chef-driven sandwich shop. We love providing our guests with outstanding food and hospitality, supporting our local farm and food artisan partners, all while developing a fantastic team of hospitality and production professionals! At Mendocino Farms, we don't just make food...WE CREATE HAPPY! Our Team Members create a fun, warm and “neighborly” dining experience by sharing their gourmet knowledge, guiding guests through our menu, answering their questions and offering suggestions.
There is no “I” in Mendo
As part of our unique Mendo Team, you'll handle a lot! But you are never on your own; it’s all about the Team!
Mendocino Farms is an equal opportunity employer that values diversity at all levels. All individuals, regardless of personal characteristics, are encouraged to apply. Mendocino Farms will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories for employment in a manner consistent with the requirements of the Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring, Ordinance No. 184652.