Manager of PR and Communications – New York
- Depends on experience
- Full Time
- Health Insurance, Dental Insurance, Vision Insurance, Employee Discounts, Meal Plan / Free Food
- Employer Unlikely to Respond
About the Company
TAO Group is a leading restaurant and nightlife company that develops, owns and operates many of the worlds most recognized restaurant and entertainment venues under various brands including but not limited to Tao, Marquee, Avenue, Lavo, Beauty & Essex, Vandal, The Highlight Room, Luchini and Koma in major markets across the world including New York City, Las Vegas, Los Angeles, Chicago, Sydney and Singapore. TAO Group operates all of the food and beverage outlets for Dream Hollywood in California and five hotels in New York which include Royalton Park Avenue, Dream Downtown, Dream Midtown, Moxy Times Square and Moxy Chelsea including brands PHD, Bodega Negra, The Rickey, Electric Room, Fishbowl, Legasea, Egghead, Magic Hour, Feroce and The Fleur Room. TAO Group’s corporate headquarters is located in New York City, with locally based managing partners and a full-time marketing and operations staff in every other market.
Assist in managing Tao Group’s public relations department and the content it delivers primarily focused on food and beverage, nightlife and special events for all Tao Group properties. Candidate will be New York City based but occasional business related travel will be necessary. This role requires close collaboration with TAO Group’s Director of Public Relations, Chefs, marketing team, contracted third party public relations firms, and the partners of the company. The candidate’s initial direct report will be Lauren Menache, Director of Public Relations, with multiple reporting lines.
The ideal candidate has:
- 5-7 years of experience working in hospitality public relations, either on the agency side or in house for large national/international brands
- Outstanding organizational skills (list building and list maintenance, calendars, etc.)
- Diverse network of personal media contacts specifically focused around food and beverage, nightlife and travel.
- A strong understanding of the calendar of events and the ability to present opportunities around key activation periods (Fashion Week, award shows, food festivals, etc.)
- Strong writing skills
- An amazing work ethic willing to go above and beyond to succeed at the job
- An innate ability to network and develop relationships
- A strong creative sense and a desire to learn
- A desire to grow with an established and rapidly expanding hospitality group
- Flexible work hours (including weekends) to cover photo shoots, media shoots, events etc.
- Ability to work in a high-pace and dynamic operation with multiple reporting lines
- Assist in all managing public relations activities for between 10 and 20 venues at one time focusing on food and beverage, nightlife, special events etc.
- Help oversee all external PR agencies
- Manage and implement press strategies for all new venue/brand launches
- Support the development of press materials (press releases, media alerts, fact sheets, etc.)
- Work directly with media outlets to publish timely company information, such as press releases, media alerts, photos, and other materials
- Secure larger feature pieces on company, venues and leadership
- Ensure communication strategy is consistent and reflects the organization’s strategic vision
- Manage relationships with media outlets, bloggers and other personalities
- Collaborate with marketing department to develop the advertising, marketing and promotion plans for venues
- Work directly with chef teams to strategize on major holidays, specials, new menus, photo shoots and any other public relations/marketing driven initiatives
- Attend regularly scheduled venue meetings with marketing and operations teams to determine relevant content for media outreach and develop strategy for programming
- Help oversee and be on-site for red carpet events, off-site events, pop ups, talent relations management, openings etc. with primary roles including on-site item collection, managing photographers/videographers, item approvals etc.
- Assist with marketing photo/video shoots to ensure the right assets are in place for media, digital and collateral use
- Secure and oversee media photo/video shoots in-venue
- Gather and organize all media garnered and present weekly, monthly and annual reports to ownership and other partners
- Maintain and grow media contact list, ongoing media networking and research
- Crisis Management
- Yearly Salary - TBD
- Comprehensive benefits package