Senior DevOps Engineer
- Depends on experience
- Full Time
- Health Insurance, Dental Insurance, Vision Insurance, 401K / Retirement
Senior DevOps Enginer
Primary Location: Owings Mills, MD
As members of the SAFe Agile team, DevOps Engineers work closely with development, test, analysis and product owners to understand the requirements that drive the design of quality technical solutions. The function of the DevOps team is to champion the collaboration and communication between development, test, and IT operations in order to establish a culture where building, testing, and releasing software happens rapidly and frequently with minimal re-work that is process improvement driven and utilizes metrics to increase efficiency.
DevOps team members follow Lean Agile process and are involved in the full lifecycle of an application. They are responsible for the design and implementation of the continuous delivery pipeline, including continuous integration, continuous delivery and automated environment provisioning. The DevOps team is also responsible for developing the DevOps toolchain, having a firm grasp of open source technologies and tools.
Principle responsibilities include supporting release on-demand practice, developing new DevOps fixtures, prototyping new architecture, implementing and updating enablement solutions, providing assistance in building and executing test plans, performing technical peer reviews, managing operations as well as supporting software in production.
DevOps Engineers must be able to adjust to constant business change; common types of changes include new requirements, evolving goals and strategies, and emerging technologies. DevOps Engineers require the ability to interact, develop, engineer, and communicate collaboratively within their DevOps group, and all levels of the integrated project team.
- Design technical solutions that drive application development velocity, improve services-oriented integration and fulfill architectural design user stories
- Master a multitude of open source platforms and cloud technologies (AWS EC2, AWS ECS, OpenSCAP, Ansible, Jenkins, GitHub, Docker, Maven, Artifactory, FitNesse, Netflix OSS, Eureka, Zuul, RabbitMQ, Splunk, etc.)
- Effectively collaborate and coordinate with Agile team, reaching across functional silos to achieve objectives
- Create and cultivate platform infrastructure, especially as concerns containerization and automation
- Develop and enhance continuous integration, continuous delivery/deployment and automated infrastructure provisioning DevOps fixtures
- Define Configuration/Change Management (CM) procedures and monitor adherence to CM best practices
- Maintain performance metrics and monitoring for microservices architecture and operations environment; recommend improvements where appropriate
- Troubleshoot build failures, environment issues and technical blockers with Agile team members
- Provide communication to Agile team members to manage expectations and schedule coordination
- Demonstrate DevOps concepts to customers and IPT members
- All other duties as assigned or directed
- Bachelor of Science in Computer Science or related field
- 10+ software development experience in Java, Microservices, PostgreSQL,
- 5 + years of DevOps Engineering experience including the ability to demonstrate exceptional proficiency with languages and file formats such as: Groovy, Go, Perl, Python, Ruby, JSON, YAML, Dockerfile and RPM
- 2 + years of experience with NIX operating systems and shell scripts
- Basic understanding of designing & implementing modular Jenkins pipelines and Ansible
- Basic experience with Java development
- Strong background in NIX operating systems, Shell script, YUM, and adeptness with new scripting languages
- Proven data management experience and ability
- Experience with infrastructure-as-code and operations management
- AWS Certified DevOps Engineer a plus
- Certification or experience with SAFe Agile practices a plus
- Experience with Splunk (or similar log aggregator) a plus
- U.S. citizen or legal right to work in the United States without sponsorship
- Experience with Docker, Kubernetes, etc.
- Experience with AWS cloud technologies
- Strong experience with Unix/Linux system administration
- Experience working with CI/CD process and tools, testing frameworks and practices (preferably GitHub, Jenkins, SonarQube, etc.)
- Experience with scripting languages (Groovy, Python, Ruby or similar).
- Basic understanding of API's and web services. REST and JSON experience is preferred
- Experience working on a team using Scrum or other Agile project framework
- Experience with ATTD and associated technologies
- Experience in an Agile development team, preferably SAFe
- Experience with agile management tools such as Jira, Confluence, and Slack
ALTA IT Services, LLC. is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer and considers qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, gender, age, color, religion, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, or any other factor.