Personal Trainer - Performance Center
- $16.00 - $20.00 Hourly
- Full Time
- Health Insurance, Dental Insurance, Vision Insurance, 401K / Retirement, Employee Discounts
- Employer Likely to Respond
Under the direct supervision of the Vice President of ZoeLife Programming the Performance Center Personal Trainer directs the day-to-day training sessions to address the physical, mental and social needs of our residents. This role will work with patience and compassion to engage residents and meet their unique needs and educate them on leading a healthy lifestyle and encourage them as they go through fitness challenges and achievements. There is latitude for independent decision making. Must be able to fluently communicate in or to take or give direction or guidance in the English language.
The Performance Center Personal Trainer must have a thorough knowledge of the practices and procedures in fitness training and possess strong written and oral communication skills and be able to understand written and oral instructions. Effective in establishing and maintaining rapport with staff, residents, outside vendors, and clients. Must possess a genuine interest in and concern for geriatric, chronically ill, and/or disabled persons.
- Regular attendance is considered an essential function of this position and is necessary for the efficient operation of the business.
- Provide individual fitness programs by identifying resident goals (i.e. increase strength, improve fitness, weight loss).
- Train residents on proper exercise techniques, observe and offer feedback to gain maximum results.
- Great interpersonal skills are a must in this position. The personal trainer needs to be able to communicate clearly as they need to assess, discuss, motivate and teach clients how to improve their fitness. They must also actively listen to the resident to ensure they are attuned to what the resident likes or dislikes.
- Continued observation of residents and their fitness goals to know when adjustments need to be made to their program to ensure results.
- Participates in staff development activities. Participates in in-service education.
- Demonstrates evidence of knowledge of physiology and kinesiology.
- Must continue self-training and education internally and externally.
- Meets productivity and utilization expectations as established by Glencroft.
- Completes timely documentation to include functional goal setting, progress and therapeutic approach.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
The vision of Glencroft is to create an environment that inspires seniors to experience enriched and fulfilling lives. Glencroft is the largest Senior Living Community in Arizona and the 4th largest in the nation. The community sits on 40 lush acres of citrus trees and grass. We offer all-inclusive services to our residents which consists of housekeeping, security, meals, transportation and activities.
To provide a broad continuum of high quality senior services in a manner that demonstrates Christian love and compassion we select only the best employees. If you are passionate about your job and working with seniors in a team-orientated work environment, then we want you.