Now Hiring in Torrance on PCH for Restaurant Team Members
- $12.00 Hourly
- Part Time
- Meal Plan / Free Food
- Employer Very Likely to Respond
Shakey's Pizza is looking to hire team members in Torrance! We are looking for Back of House Team Members.
Apply today to receive further information!
- Food Handler's card
- Ability to perform above job duties as stated or with reasonable accommodation.
- Maintain a strong knowledge of all skill, requirements, and duties related to the job.
- Excellent communication, customer service, and people skills.
- Dependable Team Player
- Speak, read, and write in English
- Basic math skills
BOH stations include: Pizza Cook, Fry Cook, Buffet Attendant, Dough Roller and Dishwasher. Additional BOH-related tasks, such as expediting and salad bar preparation, may be assigned from time to time. Restroom and parking lot details are tasks shared among BOH and front-of-house team members.
The Back-of-House (BOH) function supports restaurant operations through various roles in the kitchen, dough room, dishwashing area and storerooms. The BOH team member will initially learn and perform in one BOH station, but is required to train and progress through all BOH responsibilities over time.
Job responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Perform opening and closing procedures for the assigned BOH station.
- Prepare and cook food following Shakey’s guidelines and safe food handling procedures.
- Set up and re-stock food items on the buffet line and salad bar.
- Wash, peel and cut vegetables.
- Stock station with ingredients and supplies, as required
- Maintain a clean and sanitary food preparation work area.
- Ensure proper storage and rotation of food products and ingredients.
- Comply with Food Handler certification practices regarding personal hygiene, cleanliness and food handling.
- Transfer supplies and equipment between storage and work areas.
- Safely and effectively operate kitchen equipment and utensils.
- Sweep and mop kitchen floors.
- Scrape food from dirty dishes and wash by hand or places them in dishwasher.
- Wash pots, pans, and trays.
- Clean worktables, walls, refrigerators and food preparation equipment.
- Remove trash and garbage and dispose in designated containers.
- Check restrooms for cleanliness and supplies; perform required maintenance and re-stocking.
- Cross-train to meet performance expectations in all BOH stations.
- Provide assistance to other BOH stations, as assigned.
Perk and Compensation:
- Competitive Compensation based on experience
- Flexible schedule
- Fun atmosphere
- Shift meal
If you're ready to work with our amazing team, apply today!
Looking for a great place to work?
An American icon since 1954, Shakey’s has been the go-to social gathering place for family and friends to enjoy great food and great times. For over six decades, Shakey’s has been serving its original thin crust pizza, crispy fried chicken and craveable Mojo® potatoes along with its signature frosty pints in a fun, relaxed atmosphere that attracts customers for a variety of occasions. Shakey’s is gearing up with exciting changes ahead, with newly remodeled restaurants, improved and expanded menus, state of the art game rooms and expansion plans to grow the Shakey’s brand.