Now Hiring in Torrance on PCH for Restaurant Team Members
- $13.00 Hourly
- Part Time
- Meal Plan / Free Food
- Employer Very Likely to Respond
Shakey's Pizza is looking to hire team members in Torrance! We are looking for Back of House Team Members.
Apply today to receive further information!
- Food Handler's card
- Ability to perform above job duties as stated or with reasonable accommodation.
- Maintain a strong knowledge of all skill, requirements, and duties related to the job.
- Excellent communication, customer service, and people skills.
- Dependable Team Player
- Speak, read, and write in English
- Basic math skills
BOH stations include: Pizza Cook, Fry Cook, Buffet Attendant, Dough Roller and Dishwasher. Additional BOH-related tasks, such as expediting and salad bar preparation, may be assigned from time to time. Restroom and parking lot details are tasks shared among BOH and front-of-house team members.
The Back-of-House (BOH) function supports restaurant operations through various roles in the kitchen, dough room, dishwashing area and storerooms. The BOH team member will initially learn and perform in one BOH station, but is required to train and progress through all BOH responsibilities over time.
Job responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Perform opening and closing procedures for the assigned BOH station.
- Prepare and cook food following Shakey’s guidelines and safe food handling procedures.
- Set up and re-stock food items on the buffet line and salad bar.
- Wash, peel and cut vegetables.
- Stock station with ingredients and supplies, as required
- Maintain a clean and sanitary food preparation work area.
- Ensure proper storage and rotation of food products and ingredients.
- Comply with Food Handler certification practices regarding personal hygiene, cleanliness and food handling.
- Transfer supplies and equipment between storage and work areas.
- Safely and effectively operate kitchen equipment and utensils.
- Sweep and mop kitchen floors.
- Scrape food from dirty dishes and wash by hand or places them in dishwasher.
- Wash pots, pans, and trays.
- Clean worktables, walls, refrigerators and food preparation equipment.
- Remove trash and garbage and dispose in designated containers.
- Check restrooms for cleanliness and supplies; perform required maintenance and re-stocking.
- Cross-train to meet performance expectations in all BOH stations.
- Provide assistance to other BOH stations, as assigned.
Perk and Compensation:
- Competitive Compensation based on experience
- Flexible schedule
- Fun atmosphere
- Shift meal
If you're ready to work with our amazing team, apply today!
DISCLOSURE TO JOB APPLICANTS PURSUANT TO THE CALIFORNIA CONSUMER PRIVACY ACT (CCPA)
As part of your application for employment and Shakey’s USA, Inc.’s (“Shakey’s”) evaluation of your candidacy, Shakey’s collects, receives, maintains and uses the following categories of Personal Information about you – 1) personal identifiers, 2) pre-hire application or resume data, 3) employment history and 4) education information for the following purposes:
- To comply with federal and state laws and regulations requiring employers to maintain certain records;
- To evaluate your job application and candidacy for employment;
- To obtain and verify background check, employment and references; and
- To communicate with you regarding your candidacy for employment.
If you become employed by Shakey’s, we will notify you about additional categories of Personal Information that Shakey’s collects, receives and maintains for business purposes.