Director of Operations
- compensation depends on experience
- Health Insurance, Dental Insurance, Vision Insurance, Employee Discounts, Meal Plan / Free Food, 401K / Retirement
- Employer Fairly Likely to Respond
LIVE TO DISCOVER, WORK TO INSPIRE
Exploring the world doesn’t have to stop when the working day starts. At Renaissance Hotels we know your passion for discovery is more than a hobby, it’s a career.
The Renaissance Asheville Hotel, in the heart of downtown Asheville, North Carolina, has the position of Director of Operations available.
The Renaissance Asheville Hotel is a franchise of Marriott International owned and operated by Windsor Capital Group. It is a luxurious lifestyle hotel with 280 hotel rooms, 22k sq. ft. of meeting and banquet facilities, full service restaurant, lobby lounge and morning café. We are located in center of Downtown Asheville, a city thriving with cultural and outdoor activity, surrounded by the Blue Ridge and Smoky Mountains.
The Director of Operations is a strategic business partner for the Rooms Operations as well as the Beverage & Food outlets. Areas of responsibility include Front Office, Suite Styling, Security, Restaurant, Kitchen, and Catered Events. In this position you will work with your direct reports to develop and implement brand service strategy and brand initiatives, promoting and maintaining the Renaissance Brand Culture that draws the Discover Traveler to our destination city. You will ensure all departments meet the Renaissance standards, target customer needs, and maintain ambassador satisfaction. You will also focus on growing revenues and maximizing the financial performance of the departments. As a member of the Executive Committee you will develop and implement property-wide strategies that deliver products and services to exceed the needs and expectations of our customers and ambassadors.
We are looking for someone who will…
- Exhibit behavioral styles of confidence, and command respect from others.
- Identify and understand issues, problems and opportunities and evaluate alternatives and solutions.
- Show strong public presentation skills and ability to maintain performance if challenges in the workplace occur.
- Gather information and resources to set a plan and prioritize and arrange work requirements.
- Set high standards of performance for self and managers.
- Build and contribute to teams always keeping the end goal in mind.
- Interact with others to build openness, trust and confidence.
- Support ambassadors with diverse styles, motivations and cultural perspective to create an atmosphere of inclusion.
- Provide guidance and feedback to assist staff in development of their skills and abilities.
- Understand and utilize business information and financial reports to manage operations.
- Evaluate market conditions and organizational objectives to accurately diagnose market opportunities and threats.
- Develop the right strategy that will drive our business results.
- Understand the necessity of working many weekends and holidays to insure the success of our busiest occupancies.
To be eligible for this position you must…
- Have experience working for full service Marriott properties, preferably but not limited to the Renaissance brand.
- Be familiar with Renaissance Brand Standards
- Be familiar with brand standard Quality Assurance Audits
- Be familiar with brand GSS and ESS rating systems
- Have experience in a leadership position in both Rooms and B&F.
What we offer.
The Renaissance Asheville Hotel and Windsor Capital Group offer:
- Salary based on experience level.
- Medical, Dental, and Vision Care Insurance
- Company paid life insurance policy
- Additional optional life and disability insurances
- Results based bonus plan
- Career growth opportunities
- Development and training opportunities with numerous internal and online training possibilities.
- Special associate rate discounts available for all Marriott and Windsor Capital Group products worldwide.
- As part of our culture we celebrate recognition and organize staff social activities.
The Renaissance Asheville Hotel is an equal opportunity employer committed to employing a diverse workforce and sustaining an inclusive culture.