- $15.00 - $16.00 Hourly
- Full Time
- Employer Very Likely to Respond
Position Description Summary:
The Cook provides a supreme dining experience to guests by preparing high quality meals. The Cook's main goal is to ensure that guests will always enjoy exceptional dining experiences. Cleanliness of the food service area and equipment is top priority in this position. The Cook's main goal is to execute dishes and food at 100% recipe adherence. The cleanliness of the kitchen area/work area is a top priority. The Cook's responsibility will include maintenance of a safe work environment and proper food and supply storage. The Cook must be able to work well under pressure, detail-oriented, and have the ability to multi-task.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Exceed First Class Service standards and behavior with every guest, business partner and peers.
- Follows recipes and/or product directions for preparing, seasoning, cooking, tasting, carving and serving food items.
- Accountable for compliance with all local, state, federal laws and regulation including those relating to food safety.
- Samples products, follow menus, estimate food requirements, check production and keep records to accurately plan production requirements and requisition supplies and equipment as needed.
- Practices excellent food safety and sanitation practices.
- Regularly restocks all kitchen supplies and food items required for service.
- Assist with ordering and planning food supplies.
- Reports necessary equipment repair and maintenance to management.
- Assist with training new cooks and other restaurant staff and offering assistance as needed.
- Monitor proper rotation and dating of prepped and food items
- Maintain clean organized work environment that is free of safety hazards.
- Other duties as assigned.
- High School diploma or GED; Training from a culinary school will be an asset
- Requires a minimum of 1 year of closely related cooking experience, work experience in high volume or fast casual dining restaurant environment preferred
- Requires the ability to speak, read and comprehend instructions, short correspondence and policy documents, as well as converse comfortably with customers.
- Food handler's card may be required according to local and or state regulations. California
- Able to work unsupervised for extensive periods, and to demonstrate good judgment when dealing with guest
- Ability to work various shifts in a 7/365 team-oriented environment
- Excellent customer service skills and an ability to communicate effectively
- Self-starter able to prioritize and handle various tasks simultaneously
- Ability to adapt to changing priorities and unexpected situations
- Proficiency required in reading, writing and mathematics
- Ability to lift a minimum of 50 lbs, perform essential job functions such as standing, bending, reaching, climbing on ladder, and walking long distances.
- Standing for long periods of time and the ability to work in environment with varying temperatures