- Depends on experience
- Full Time
- Employee Discounts, Meal Plan / Free Food, Ask Us!, Health Insurance
- Employer Fairly Likely to Respond
Blue Ribbon Restaurants, is proud to announce “Hank’s”, a casual modern American burger concept, at Palisades Village. We’re seeking a hard-working, team oriented and career driven Sous Chef, whose passion for the craft of excellent cooking matches their passion for fine food and drink.
The Sous Chef will be mutually responsible for day to day culinary operations, as well as maintaining our team's practice of Blue Ribbon's company culture and ethical standards.
Our service philosophy combines confidence in the abilities and ambitions of our team, balanced with a warm, engaged and humble approach to our guests' experience. Your ability to motivate, develop and maintain a proud, happy, hardworking team is paramount.
Our ideal Sous Chef is driven by his passion for great food and hard work. They are a person that finds reward in inspiring their team to go the extra mile, maintain our amazing presentation standards and delicious recipes, while maintaining controls and food cost in a consistently healthy and clean environment.
Skills & Requirements:
- Must have 2+ years of kitchen management experience in a full service, moderate to high volume restaurant.
- Ability to speak and understand Spanish a plus.
- Ability to grasp, lift and/or carry up to 50 lbs as needed.
- Ability to withstand changes in temperature, occasional smoke, steam and heat and work in a confined area.
- Must possess hearing, visual and sensory abilities to observe and detect emergency situations; also to distinguish product, taste, texture, temperature and presentation and preparation.
- Experience with inventory and food cost management.
- Ability to lead a team and maintain high morale
- Proficiency in all line positions
- Availability to work full-time (Including nights and weekends)
- ServSafe Manager Certification is a plus
We are an equal opportunity employer, and also consider all qualified applicants regardless of criminal history in accordance with the City of Los Angeles’ Fair Chance Initiative For Hiring Ordinance.
Hank’s is the work of Bruce and Eric Bromberg, the duo behind the massively successful chain Blue Ribbon. That restaurant has nearly two dozen locations worldwide and celebrated 25 years in business last year. Now the brothers are focusing on switching things up with a more fast casual model, offering a family-friendly, largely customizable menu experience that highlights burgers, shakes, salads, breakfast items, and drinks for the adults at dinnertime. Hank’s will also offer some deli classics like matzo ball soup, plus that famous Blue Ribbon fried chicken, reports Food & Wine.