Emergency Dispatcher - Day, Swing and Graveyard Shifts Available
- $17.00 - $20.00 Hourly
- Full Time
- Health Insurance, Dental Insurance, Vision Insurance
- Employer Very Unlikely to Respond
Are you interested in a career where you help people and make a difference every day? If so, this may be the job for you. Founded in 1987, Life Alert is a top leader in the emergency response industry and expanding due to the ever-growing senior market. We save lives by providing a unique technology and service that enables people to live at home with independence and comfort, living their lives the way they want to, with a feeling of safety and peace of mind. Life Alert emergency dispatchers handle over 5 million calls a year, and on average save a life from a catastrophic outcome every 11 minutes. If you like helping people and are looking for a rewarding long-term career, Life Alert is the company for you.
Life Alert Emergency Response is currently seeking Emergency Dispatchers for our Encino, California central station.
$17 - $20 / Hour (depending on work history and experience)
AVAILABLE SHIFTS (working ALL Saturdays, Sundays, and Holidays is mandatory)
Day Shift (7:00am - 3:30pm)
Swing Shift (3:00pm - 11:30pm)
Overnight / Graveyard Shift (10:30pm - 7:00am)
* Answer incoming emergency and non-emergency calls; route calls to medical emergency services and 3rd parties.
* Obtain medical emergency information by ascertaining the nature of the problem, calm the caller, and remain on the line until help arrives.
* Obtain fire emergency information by ascertaining the nature and extent of the fire.
* Obtain police emergency information by assessing the nature of incident and determining if other emergency services are required.
* Maintain quality results by following and enforcing standards and emergency protocols.
* Resolve incoming calls by following standard operating procedures; obtain pertinent information; make connections to appropriate department.
* Document actions by completing forms, reports, logs, and records.
* General data entry; includes setting up new customer accounts, entering contact information and medical history, and other pertinent information
* 1 year experience in a fast-paced, telephone-heavy customer service environment
* Subject to Pre-Employment Drug Screening
* Subject to Background check and fingerprinting
* High School diploma or equivalent; College degree is a plus
* Excellent verbal and written communication skills
* Minimum typing speed of 40 WPM
* Punctuality, organizational skills, and ability to prioritize and multi-task
* Work well under pressure and stressful situations; exhibit emotional control
* Intermediate skills in MS Word, MS Excel, MS Outlook; Internet savvy
* Prior dispatching experience is a plus
* Medical, Dental and Vision insurance available
* Vacation, Personal, Sick and Holiday pay
* Secure Class A office building
INTERESTED APPLICANTS ARE INVITED TO SUBMIT A RESUME AND COVER LETTER FOR CONSIDERATION.
IN YOUR EMAIL RESPONSE, PLEASE SPECIFY WHICH SHIFT YOU ARE INTERESTED IN WORKING