Phlebotomist - Bilingual Spanish
- $16.50 Hourly
- Part Time / Full Time
- Employer Very Unlikely to Respond
We are looking for Full-Time (40 hours per week) and Part-Time Phlebotomists (20-28 hours per week) for our evening shift.
Evening Shift: 5:00 p.m. - 9:00 p.m.
The Phlebotomist is responsible for efficient and effective collection of plasma from donors by performing venipuncture, monitoring the plasmapheresis process and following Standard Operating Procedures.
- Reviews donor charts for accuracy and completeness.
- Labels and ensures each unit and samples are labeled accurately.
- Set-up and prepare all equipment and disposable supplies for venipuncture and plasmapheresis procedure.
- Perform venipuncture and plasma collection.
- Operate the automated plasmapheresis machines including response and evaluation of all alarms and machine errors, documentation of exceptions, etc.
- Removes and/or replaces equipment from service.
- Monitor donors and equipment operations to ensure donor safety and quality of product.
- Disconnect and dispose of all contaminated disposable equipment.
- Oversee and ensure proper sanitation and cleaning of equipment and work area between donors.
- Maintain accurate and thorough documentation of necessary records, including PCS-2 Machine Logs.
- Perform daily, weekly, and monthly calibration/maintenance of automated plasmapheresis machines.
- Ensure donor confidentiality.
- Maintain thorough familiarity with all State and Federal Regulations, Standard Operating Procedures, OSHA, CLIA, cGMP, and internal company procedures.
- Maintain general cleanliness of work area to ensure a clean and professional environment.
- Maintain/stock adequate inventory and replenish supplies on plasma carts.
- Report all unsafe situations or conditions to senior phlebotomist and/or management.
Laboratory Equipment, such as plasmapheresis machine, hematostats, needles.
- High School Diploma or equivalent.
- Phlebotomy certificate or license (CPT1).
- Minimum 12 months experience in a medical or health care environment preferred or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Strong customer service skills are essential. Ability to understand and follow protocol is required.
- Must have basic computer knowledge.
- Able to make accurate and complete documentation.
Working Conditions/Physical & Mental Demands:
Environmentally controlled lab areas of donor center. May be required to enter an environment with a temperature of -30°C for short periods of time.
Ability to stand for extended periods of time
Ability to tug, lift, and pull up to twenty-five (25) pounds.
Occupational exposure to blood borne pathogens
Must be able to distinguish machine alarms form background noise.
Manual dexterity to perform all phases of donor plasmapheresis and be physically able to operate plasmapheresis machine.
Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, color vision, depth perception and the ability to adjust and focus.
Must wear personal protective clothing (PPE) such as lab coats, gloves, and face shields at all times when working in production areas.
Must be able to work in fast paced environment and multi-task.
Our Goal at Scantibodies is to see that each Patient receives the Most Accurate Result, using the Most Accurate Guide,so that they may receive the Most Accurate Treatment. Because at Scantibodies it is all about the Patient ...At Scantibodies, we believe that being your contract manufacturer is more than just an account. It is about trust and accountability. It is about taking your prototype to production for market readiness or making your current process more cost effective by using lean manufacturing concepts. Those are just a few of the many attributes that have made us a leader in contract manufacturing.