Deli Service Associate
- $12.00 - $13.00 Hourly
- Part Time / Full Time
- Employer Fairly Likely to Respond
We have full time shifts available for the afternoon/evening shifts.
Primary responsibilities: Support a fast-paced deli operation through first-rate customer service and exemplary execution of the many tasks required to make a coffee bar + deli operation successful. Service Deli Associates are responsible for informing customers about our menus and deli products, taking and fulfilling orders and packaging, slicing, wrapping, weighing, pricing, and merchandising the department’s prepared foods and deli products. In addition Service Deli Associates increase sales by handing out food samples and by recommending items to customers. Our ideal candidate will have experience working with customers in a barista / food-service / deli capacity and have an existing knowledge-base or interest in gourmet and specialty items that include coffee drinks, cheese and cured meat.
- Set-up and/or maintain the deli operation
- Maintain an environment behind the deli which is clean and well organized
- Interact with customers by taking and fulfilling food orders, including plating & packaging food items from our deli case
- Help customers purchase charcuterie, deli meats & cheeses, including weighing, slicing to order and wrapping
- Make coffee & espresso drinks
- Maintain aesthetically pleasing presentation of our baked goods and deli case items
- Listen and communicate well with the entire URBAN RADISH community: staff, managers, customers, suppliers, janitors, the valet, local dog walkers…EVERYONE!
- Stay team oriented and remember, we’re all in it together.
- Accept and provide 360° feedback in a constructive ‘teammate’ type manner.
- Work well under pressure and maintain a positive and productive energy.
- Show professionalism and poise at all times.
- Demonstrate a sense of urgency through your work and commitment to providing LA’s finest coffee service, prepared foods, cheese and cured meat selection with ‘exceptional’ customer service.
Experience and Education: 2-years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience
- Physical abilities require continuous standing, walking, bending, reaching, sitting and carrying loads between 15-50 lbs.; occasional climbing, stooping, twisting and fine manipulation; occasional environmental exposure to cold, heat and water; and rare exposure to dust and fumes
- Use of machinery including, but not limited to; dollies, cash registers, computers, printers and other office equipment
Urban Radish is a unique food market and eatery in the east side of Downtown Los Angeles in the Arts District. In addition to being a premium quality, full-range grocery store, we run a busy, high volume barista, prepared foods, deli and restaurant operation. We are looking for candidates who have a passion for interacting with people, experience with high quality, delicious food, and can thrive in a fast paced, high pressure environment. All candidates must have an exceptional personality, team spirit, professionalism and a hospitality driven attitude.