- $18.50 - $20.50 Hourly
- Full Time
- Health Insurance, Dental Insurance, Vision Insurance, Employee Discounts, Meal Plan / Free Food
- Employer Very Likely to Respond
Assist the General Manager in overseeing and managing daily restaurant operations. Assists the General Manager in their responsibility for the selection, development and performance management of all staff members.
Key Areas of Responsibilities
- Assist in overseeing and managing all areas of the restaurant and assist in making the necessary decisions to ensure the delivery of an excellent dining experience for our guests. Ensure there is a safe and productive work environment for staff members.
Food safety and planning
- Enforce sanitary practices for food handling, general cleanliness, and maintenance of kitchen and dining areas.
- Ensure compliance with operational standards, company policies, federal/state/local laws, and ordinances.
- Responsible for ensuring consistent high quality of food preparation and service.
- Maintain professional restaurant image, including restaurant cleanliness, proper attire, and appearance standards.
- Supervise portion control and quantities of preparation to minimize waste. Works closely with Kitchen Supervisor team.
- Ensure positive guest service in all areas. Respond to complaints and suggestions, taking any and all appropriate actions to turn dissatisfied guests into return guests.
- Ensure a safe working and guest environment to reduce the risk of injury and accidents. Completes accident reports promptly in the event that a guest or staff member is injured.
- Proficient in the following dimensions of restaurant functions: food planning and preparation, purchasing, sanitation, security, company policies and procedures, personnel management, recordkeeping, and preparation of reports.
- Facilitate Injury Illness Prevention Program (IIPP)
- Interview hourly staff members. Involved with hiring, supervision, development and, when necessary, termination of staff members.
- Assist in developing staff members by providing ongoing feedback, establishing performance expectations and by conducting regular performance reviews.
- Maintain an accurate and up-to-date plan of restaurant staffing needs.
Position Levels & Skill Sets
- Assistant Manager – 1: AM & HR Duties, IIPP Safety Facilitator
- Assistant Manager – 2: AM & HR Duties, IIPP Safety Facilitator, Train & Develop Shift Leaders, Schedules
- High School Diploma required
- 2+ years of previous work experience in a high volume quick service restaurant
- CA ServSafe Food Safety Manager Certified required
- Speak, read, and write English fluently
- Able to work any shift on any day
- Proficient in the following restaurant functions: food planning and preparation, purchasing, sanitation, and restaurant safety
- Possess basic math skills have the ability to operate a cash register and POS system
- Passionate about food and hospitality
- Friendly, upbeat, and cooperative
- Able to complete tasks on or before set deadline.
- Able to work well with others, set an exemplary example of leadership and respectful communication.
- Must enjoy and succeed in a fast-paced environment
- Fully documented to work in the U.S.
- Perform duties that require standing, walking, reaching, bending, stooping, wiping, twisting, climbing, lifting/carrying (up to 25 lbs. individually), and moving throughout the restaurant for 8-12 hours per shift, up to 6 shifts per week, occasional sitting, 1-4hrs/day.
- Must have the stamina to work 40+ hours per week. Hours will vary in accordance with business necessity, including early morning, late evenings, weekends and/or holidays.
- Exposure to cleaning chemicals, noise, steam, and smoke.
- Works with hot, cold, and hazardous equipment typical of a restaurant kitchen as well as work with phones, computers, fax machines, and other office equipment.