The right candidate for this exceptional opportunity will be able to exhibit passion for excellence, culinary vision, understanding of quality food ingredients, interest in Sushi and Japanese culinary culture. This candidate will lead a culinary vision for a Japanese F&B operation located in Tribeca.
The Sushi Sous chef will ensure that the quality of food and service is the best of the best during their shift and ensure a seamless transition throughout the day. Mise en place, ordering, butchering, inventory and working in the line will be an integral part of the daily tasks.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
· Ensures that all kitchen employees consistently adhere to uniform, grooming and appearance standards.
· Maintain effective communication within the kitchen, be responsive to staff suggestions and concerns, and work to resolve problems.
· Maintain effective working relationship with food & beverage management and other departments.
· Conduct regular inspections of the entire kitchen/dishwashing areas and coolers and promptly act to correct deficiencies found during inspection.
· Ensure strict adherence to health department and food handling guidelines.
· To immediately report all suspicious occurrence and hazardous conditions.
· To follow all company/kitchen safety rules, policies, and procedures.
· Other duties as assigned.
· Job description may be changed at any time.
· Two (2) years of experience in a similar position at a four or five-star style hotel or restaurant.
· Certification of Culinary training or apprenticeship.
· Understanding/Knowledge of the budgeting and forecasting process.
· Previously worked with multi-unit operations from fine dining to casual.
· Experience of expanding and condensing recipes.
· Thorough knowledge of Japanese cuisine technique.
· Must have proven leadership skills and teambuilding skills.
· Effectively motivate associates and to maintain cohesive teams.
· Be able to work with and understand financial information, data and basic arithmetic functions.
· Ability to take initiative and get creative in resolving challenges and involve management members when previous methods have been unsuccessful.
· Ability to speak and hear, vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.
· Constant standing with some walking.
· Be able to work in a standing position for extended periods of time.
· Be able to reach, bend, stoop and frequently lift up to 35 pounds and occasionally lift/move 50 pounds.
· Continual use of manual dexterity and gross motor skills with frequent use of bi-manual dexterity and fine motor skills.
ABOUT PLAN DO SEE
Plan Do See is a global hospitality company founded on the Japanese principal of Omotenashi – selfless service with a spirit of warmth and respect. Plan Do See was established in 1993 and has developed and operates 25 properties worldwide. Headquartered in Tokyo, Plan Do See America Inc. is leading the effort to bring the pride of Omotenashi to the United States.
To find out more about Plan Do See please visit: http://plandosee-global.com.
An employer's Response Score represents how likely they are to respond to an application.