Chef Garde Manger
- Depends on experience
- Part Time / Full Time
- Ask Us!
- Employer Fairly Likely to Respond
This position will plan, prep, set up and provide quality service in all areas of food production for menu items and specials in the designated outlets, in accordance with standards and plating guide specifications.
- Maintain cleanliness, sanitation and organization of assigned work areas
- Meet with Head Cook/Sous Chef to review assignments, anticipated business levels, changes and other information pertinent to the job performance
- Prepare all menu items following recipes and yield guide
- Communicate any assistance needed during busy periods to the Sous Chef to ensure optimum service to guests
- Inform Head Cook of any excess items that can be used in daily specials or elsewhere
- Maintain proper storage procedures as specified by Health Department and Hotel requirements
- Minimize waste and maintain controls to attain forecasted food cost
- Review status of work and follow-up actions required with the Head Cook before leaving
- Previous experience required
- A minimum formal education of a high school diploma
- Should have any required certification to Handle Food
- Excellent customer service focus and communication skills
- Should be able to read, speak and write in English
Our philosophy is based on preparing and serving creative and innovative experiences with love and respect for food and our customers. We embrace exploring food without boundaries, gimmicks or pretense. We believe one of life’s greatest sources of joy is what happens when people come together to share a meal.