- $20.00 - $25.00 Hourly
- Full Time
- Employer Very Likely to Respond
We are looking for an experienced and upbeat Deli Manager to join the Jayde's Market team. Good candidates will enjoy collaborative work settings, are highly-motivated, and extremely hard working. Applicants must have open availability (including weekends). Compensation is commensurate with experience.
Responsible for overall operation of the deli.
Purchasing food and stock in accordance with a budget.
Making sure everyone is trained on proper food preparation, kitchen safety techniques and health standards.
Setting daily and weekly cleaning schedules for the kitchen.
Hiring, training and disciplining employees.
Managing employee hours and setting schedules.
Managing food waste
Working with the goal of optimizing profit and creating the best dining experience possible for customers.
Job Skills and Requirements
- 1+ years of deli or supermarket management experience, with demonstrated skill in the kitchen, leadership qualities and management skill.
- Bachelor's degree in food service management (or similar) preferred.
- Verbal communication and problem-solving skills.
- Able to regularly stand and walk for long periods of time.
- Regularly required to lift and/or move items up to 30 pounds.
- Experienced and comfortable with working busy shifts.
- Dedicated to outstanding customer service.
- Detailed-oriented and passionate about product quality.
At the cusp of bustling Los Angeles city life, Jayde’s Market is tucked in a neighborhood community just off Mulholland Drive in Beverly Hills. We’re a farm-fresh market, not a one-stop superstore. Each item has a story, and our team knows them all. Always fresh, featuring local and organic items, there’s always something special to be found. Our noteworthy deli offers a selection of seafood and butcher cuts, and artisanal grab & go meals made fresh daily. Jayde’s Market is a quaint, yet exceptional experience.