- $15.50 - $19.50 Hourly
- Full Time
- Health Insurance, Dental Insurance, Vision Insurance, 401K / Retirement, Employee Discounts
- Employer Fairly Likely to Respond
***Compensation includes daily tips which can range from adding an extra $3 - $7 per hour on average.
Job description: Primary responsibilities for this role will include the following: maintain smooth communication with customers and internally with Staff and BOH team members as required; lead and assign daily tasks and checklists as required; handle all edible products appropriately; upkeep store appearance at all times; model positivity professional behavior by example.
- Minimum 2 years restaurant, retail, or customer service experience preferred; Strong cash management experience and experience using a point of sales system preferred
Performance skills and goals:
- Professional and personable demeanor with both customer and colleague interactions. Ability to focus on the present situation and leave outside negativity outside of Sweet Rose.
- Display enthusiasm for Sweet Rose philosophy and ice cream, maintain and expand product and ingredient knowledge while continually sharing this knowledge with customers. Directly participate in the chain of service by helping customers with their Sweet Rose experience
- Display understanding and proper execution of all Sweet Rose recipes, policies, and procedures at all times
- Ability to multitask efficiently, prioritize deadlines, handle unforeseen urgencies, adapt to sudden changes, delegate or ask for help as needed, and work well under pressure.
- Strong organizational and communication skills; ability to take direction from management staff, communicate feedback from your shifts to management (positive or negative), educate and inform counter staff, and display leadership by example.
- Ability to maintain and encourage a positive work environment for all staff while offering motivation and positive reinforcement to staff, as well as gratitude and good will to all Sweet Rose staff.
- Exceptional teamwork mentality and willingness to take initiative in FOH/BOH support
- Exceptional work ethic: Time management and punctuality, ability to take directions as well as professionally coach staff and offer constructive feedback when required
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Reside within 20 miles of Sweet Rose Creamery and have reliable transportation
- Have a valid California drivers license or ID
- Available to work 30-40 hours a week, including nights and weekends
- Flexible and open to unforeseen scheduling adjustments
- Able to lift and carry up to 50 pounds, including on staircases
- Able to work in close quarters and stand for long periods of time (up to 8 hours)
- Serv Safe Certified (California state law for food service workers; test available at servsafe.com)
- POS and Microsoft Office skills: Excel, Word
Sweet Rose Creamery is an Equal Opportunity Employer
At Sweet Rose Creamery we make small batches of hand-crafted ice cream daily in our kitchen in Santa Monica. We use only the best ingredients we can get our hands on including organic milk and cream from Clover Farms, organic eggs from Chino Family Farms, fresh fruit and nuts from our favorite famers at the Santa Monica Farmers' Market and more. Our kitchen is 100% GMO free and kosher certified, and we make our own toppings, sauces and cones daily as well.
All of the Rustic Canyon Family of Restaurants operate around the same main goal: to ensure that all of our customers and staff alike who walk through our doors leave feeling satisfied, nourished and inspired. This starts with the ingredients we buy. We buy as much of our produce as possible from the Santa Monica Farmers Market and other local and sustainable vendors. Next we believe that food tastes better when it is made by hand in house. We create all our own ice cream, doughs, stocks and more by using classic craftsmanship and technique. Finally, we take our work very seriously but strive not to take ourselves too seriously in the process. We believe food, our restaurants' atmosphere and service should be thoughtful and informed but not pretentious. On top of this we are committed to our community and the health of our natural environment.