- Depends on experience
- Part Time / Full Time
- Employer Very Likely to Respond
A Server is responsible for serving our guests, our team and Not Your Average Joe’s with unparalleled hospitality to create unforgettable guest and team member experiences every day!
- Understands our Guest-Obsessed culture and does whatever it takes to create a positive and memorable guest experience
- Makes food and drink recommendations to guests and answers all menu and service-related questions.
- Follows company policy in handling guest allergies/intolerances, ensuring our guests receive ‘safe’ meals
- Ensures guest satisfaction by checking in with each table regularly and anticipating guest needs.
- Properly rings in all items served to the guest.
- Provides accurate guest check to guests, accepts payment from guests, and returns exact change or charge slip to guests to complete transaction.
- Assists other team members by answering questions, bringing refills, pre-bussing tables, running food, and otherwise helping out as needed to aid in the service of guests.
- Handles guests’ complaints by listening to their concerns, always informing a manager, and resolving issues PLUS ONE to ensure overall guest satisfaction.
- Arrives to work on time, well-groomed and in the proper work attire, and ready to work.
- Clocks in and out as scheduled
- Demonstrates a helpful, positive attitude at all times to guests and team members.
- Completes all assigned tasks and duties assigned by managers/supervisors.
- Follows proper cash out/check out procedures before leaving at the end of a shift
- Assists fellow team members as needed to ensure our guests receive the highest standard in food, beverage, and hospitality.
- Complies with all state and federal liquor laws by requesting that guests present a valid form of ID when ordering alcohol and adheres to alcohol awareness procedures for preventing guest intoxication.
- Inspects restrooms, dining room, and lobby, cleans as needed, and reports any unsafe conditions to maintain safety and sanitation standards.
- Monitors dining room tables to ensure they meet or exceed standards (e.g., proper table set up, polished silverware, swept floors underneath, etc.).
- Ability to communicate (speak, read, and write) in English.
- Must meet local, legal minimum age requirement to serve alcoholic beverages.
- Ability to work in a high-volume, fast-paced work environment.
- Ability to remain standing and active for an 8-12 hour shift.
- Ability to bend at the waist and lift items up to 50 lbs. to waist level.
- Ability to hear, understand, and respond to team member and guest requests in a loud environment.
- Skill and coordination at using hands to write, pour and carry several drinks, plates, and bowls at the same time
Restaurants aren't meant to be average! Stephen Silverstein opened the first Not Your Average Joe’s in pursuit of the uncommon. In 1994, he worked to give his hometown of Dartmouth, Massachusetts a unique neighborhood place with great food and better company.
Today, we have 23 restaurants spread throughout Massachusetts, New Hampshire, Rhode Island, Pennsylvania, Virginia, and Maryland. We’re building incredible spaces with every nail, and striving to be better with every opening. In doing this, we’ve created a culture where our people are our foundation – making the sky the limit where we go next.