Patient Service Representative
- Depends on experience
- Part Time
- Ask Us!
- Employer Fairly Likely to Respond
Deliver and collect meal trays and menu to and from patients’ rooms.
Promote patient satisfaction by applying the hospital policy of service excellence.
Functions as a member of the multi-disciplinary health care team to meet patients’ nutritional needs.
Be able to demonstrate the knowledge and skills necessary to provide care based on the physical, psycho/social, education, safety and related criteria appropriate to the age of the patient served in assigned department.
The skills and knowledge to provide such care is gained through education, training and/or experience.
Minimum Work Experience
- Prior health care and food service. Experience in hospital setting is helpful.
Required Skills, Knowledge, and Abilities
- Able to communicate and respond using the English language. Possess excellent communication, customer relation and interpersonal relation skills. Able to present a pleasant, caring attitude toward all customers.
- High School Diploma or GED equivalent.
- Demonstrates an understanding of and adherence to the HMHD Compliance Plan.
- Conduct reflects HMHD’s values and a commitment to HMHD’s Code of Conduct.
- Attends the required corporate integrity and compliance training and education programs.
- Demonstrates proficiency in understanding the materials presented during the corporate integrity and compliance training and education program.
- Complies with all HIPAA standards.
- Delivers and retrieves patient meal trays.
- Record Intake and I & O sheet after each meal or snack.
- Prepares snacks.
- Deliver nourishment and between snacks to patients. Deliver snack cart after dinner meal.
- Check patient pantry and refrigerators for adequate stock, labeled and dated items, cleanliness, and Collect patient satisfaction surveys.
- Works in dish room.
- Keeps patient information confidential and respects patient’s rights.
- Aware of responsibilities during codes and disaster drills.
- Review patient satisfaction results and take corrective action to eliminate deficiencies.
- Knows and utilizes universal precautions at all times. Observes hospital isolation techniques.
- Demonstrates knowledge of hospital restraint policy and protocols.
- Strives consistently to promptly meet patient’s nutritional needs as per approved performance skills.
- Attends department meetings and in-service programs as required.
- Attends diet classes for continuing education on diets and restrictions.
- Performs other duties as assigned at the discretion of director.
Would you like to have a positive influence on the lives of patients and families in Hunt County, Texas? With a career at Hunt Regional Healthcare, you’ll have that chance.
As a member of our team, you’ll have the opportunity to live out our mission and vision through service-oriented care. Hunt Regional aims to be the preferred health care system in the communities and surrounding areas we serve. We do that through state-of-the-art technology, continually advancing service lines, and through providing a safe healing environment and outstanding patient experience for each individual we treat. Our values and quality care set our organization apart.
Hunt Regional Healthcare is proud to offer a competitive benefits package that is designed to work for you. If you're looking for premium healthcare coverage, you've come to the right organization.
Core benefits include:
- Medical benefits
- Dental & vision benefits
- Long-term disability
- Voluntary accidental death & dismemberment
- Life insurance
We also provide a robust supplementary benefits package, including:
- Prescription coverage
- Wellness perks
- Employee counseling
- Retirement packages
- Flexible spending accounts
- Paid vacation time off
- Generous sick leave allowance
- Other voluntary benefits