Donor Floor Technician
- $12.50 Hourly
- Full Time
- Health Insurance, Dental Insurance, Vision Insurance, 401K / Retirement, Employee Discounts
- Employer Unlikely to Respond
The Donor Floor Technician is responsible for efficient and effective collection of plasma from donors by setting up machines, monitoring the plasmapheresis process and following Standard Operating Procedures.
- Reviews donor charts for accuracy and completeness.
- Labels and ensures each unit and samples are labeled accurately.
- Set-up and prepare all equipment and disposable supplies for venipuncture and plasmapheresis procedures.
- Operate the automated plasmapheresis machines including response and evaluation of all alarms and machine errors, documentation of exceptions, etc.
- Removes and/or replaces equipment from service.
- Monitor donors and equipment operations to ensure donor safety and quality of product.
- Dispose of all contaminated disposable equipment.
- Ensure proper sanitation and cleaning of equipment and work area between donors.
- Perform daily, weekly, and monthly calibration/maintenance of automated plasmapheresis machines.
- Ensure donor confidentiality.
- Maintain thorough familiarity with all State and Federal Regulations, Standard Operating Procedures, OSHA, CLIA, cGMP, and internal company procedures.
- Maintain general cleanliness of work area to ensure a clean and professional environment.
- Maintain/stock adequate inventory and replenish supplies on plasma carts.
- Report all unsafe situations or conditions to donor floor supervisor and/or management.
Laboratory Equipment, such as plasmapheresis machine, hematostats, needles.
- High School Diploma or equivalent.
- Strong customer service skills are essential. Ability to understand and follow protocol is required.
- Must have basic computer knowledge.
- Able to make accurate and complete documentation.
- Must be available to work flexible days and hours when necessary.
Working Conditions/Physical & Mental Demands:
Environmentally controlled lab areas of donor center. May be required to enter an environment with a temperature of -30°C for short periods of time.Ability to stand for extended periods of time
Ability to tug, lift, and pull up to twenty-five (25) pounds.
Occupational exposure to blood borne pathogens.
Must be able to distinguish machine alarms from background noise.
Manual dexterity to perform all phases of donor plasmapheresis and be physically able to operate plasmapheresis machine.
Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, color vision, depth perception and the ability to adjust and focus.
Must wear personal protective clothing (PPE) such as lab coats, gloves, and face shields at all times when working in production areas.
Must be able to work in fast paced environment and multi-task.
Our Goal at Scantibodies is to see that each Patient receives the Most Accurate Result, using the Most Accurate Guide,so that they may receive the Most Accurate Treatment. Because at Scantibodies it is all about the Patient ...At Scantibodies, we believe that being your contract manufacturer is more than just an account. It is about trust and accountability. It is about taking your prototype to production for market readiness or making your current process more cost effective by using lean manufacturing concepts. Those are just a few of the many attributes that have made us a leader in contract manufacturing.