Big Data/Hadoop Engineer
- Depends on experience
- Full Time
- Health Insurance, Dental Insurance, Vision Insurance, 401K / Retirement, Ask Us!
Location: Columbia, MD
Come join the leading independent Data Management Platform (DMP) Technology company as their newest Senior Software Engineer. ALTA IT Services is looking for an experienced, passionate problem solver to design, develop, and deliver the company's core big data* technologies. Candidates for this position must be knowledgeable with distributed open source technologies and NoSQL platforms such as Hadoop, Spark, HBase, and Cassandra. They are comfortable working with multiple programming languages and have experience delivering large, highly scalable, highly performant systems. They also have a knack for working with others to achieve common goals.
Day to Day Responsibilities
- Work with both technology and business team members to define and refine product and technology requirements in an agile development environment.
- Contribute to the full lifecycle of feature delivery, from idea to deployment.
- Work with the team to design and code scalable and reliable software, and improve the scalability and performance of existing products.
- Utilize sound engineering practices to deliver functional, stable, and scalable technology.
- Identify and apply proven design patterns in the development of product capability.
- Collaborate with other team members toward shared product goals.
- Work in a fast-paced, flexible, and fun environment, with a talented, diverse, and forward-thinking team.
- B.S. in computer science, engineering or related field (or significant related experience)
- 5+ years development experience, with a demonstrated ability to decompose complex problems and create simple solutions. Java language preferred
- 2+ years experience with big-data technologies such as Hadoop/Spark/Hive
- Demonstrated communication and collaboration skills, and an ability to work with team members to learn and grow
- Demonstrated self-motivation to work independently, as well as a part of a high-performing team
- Experience working with scalable data applications
Helpful Things to Know
- Cloud based technologies / Amazon Web Services
- Hadoop Spark/Hive/EMR
- HTTP/REST-based Web Services
- Continuous Integration / Deployment
ALTA IT Services, LLC. is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer and considers qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, gender, age, color, religion, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, or any other factor.Apply by creating/using an accountQuick Apply