- $15.00 Hourly
- Full Time
- Health Insurance, Dental Insurance, Vision Insurance, Employee Discounts
- Employer Fairly Likely to Respond
Calamigos Guest Ranch and Beach Club is searching for a dynamic person to lead our Valet & Bellman Team. This a great opportunity for growth in progress in an expanding company.
* Ensure that five-star service culture is at the forefront of your training.
* Evaluate the staffing requirements and prepare work schedules weekly, adhering to budget goals.
* Ensure that the Bell Desk is attended at all times; that all posting positions are maintained.
* Ensure that sufficient staffing is present to meet the daily business demands.
* Communicate anticipated business demands daily with each associate (arrivals, departures, group functions, etc).
* Ensure staff's knowledge of hotel services, features and amenities.
* Assign specific tasks as they arise to the staff according to the rotation sequence.
* Answer telephone promptly, using correct greeting and telephone etiquette.
* Document guest calls and requests for Bell Person assistance.
* Monitor and ensure that Bell and Door Staff perform their job functions to the hotel's expected level of service.
* Accommodate all guest requests in an accurate and efficient manner.
* Coordinate group luggage requirements.
* Monitor and maintain cleanliness and working condition of departmental equipment and supplies.
* Monitor and maintain the condition of lobby, hotel entrance, bell desk and luggage storage areas.
* Prepare and submit daily and weekly payroll records and tip distributions.
* Ensure that all pertinent information is documented in the log book daily.
* Comply with attendance rules and be available to work on a regular basis.
* Perform any other job related duties as assigned.
Experience, Skills and Knowledge
* Maintain a professional appearance and manner at all times.
* Must be willing to "pitch-in" and help co-workers with their job duties and be a team player.
* Ability to perform basic mathematical computations.
* Ability to provide legible communication and directions.
* Ability to enforce hotel's standards, policies and procedures with Bell/Door staff.
* Ability to prioritize and organize work assignments; delegate work to staff.
* Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with associates, customers and patrons.
* Ability to direct performance of staff and follow up with corrections where needed.
* Ability to motivate staff and maintain a cohesive team. Ability to ascertain staff training needs and provide such training.
* Command of the English language both written and verbal.
Quietly nestled in the heart of the Santa Monica Mountains in Malibu Wine Country, Calamigos Ranch is the only destination event ranch for weddings, conferences, company picnics, private getaways, and more.
Since 1936, Calamigos Ranch has been its own unique chapter in Malibu’s history. Before the small town was known worldwide as a getaway for wellness, relaxation, and events, Grant and Helen Walter Gerson saw it’s potential. They envisioned a beautiful property where people could experience nature and leisure together close to everything Malibu has to offer.
Experience over 250 acres of Calamigos Ranch with a footprint from the hills above Malibu all the way to the Calamigos Beach Club and the sandy shores of the Pacific. For over 80 years the Gerson Family welcomes you, and your most special guests, to Calamigos Ranch.