Transportation and Logistics Manager
- compensation depends on experience
- Part Time / Full Time
- Health Insurance, Dental Insurance, 401K / Retirement, Ask Us!
- Employer Likely to Respond
Primary Purpose of Position:
The positions main objectives is to coordinate inbound and outbound logistical operations in a cost effective manner. Knowledge in live operations management, DOT laws, transportation logistics, bio-security policies governing the farms and development of department staff are all characteristics that candidate must possess.
Other Position Characteristics:
- Supervises personnel, creates schedules, tactical problem solver and conducts performance reviews regularly to ensure workers comply with policies and staff enrichment/development.
- Other responsibilities may include safety training (TQA/PQA), ensuring the use of personal safety gear, preparing reports for upper management, regulating department budget, and forecasting transportation and logistics demands over time.
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities, Training and Experience Requirements:
- A Bachelor’s Degree in business or related field or higher
- Must be able to conduct meeting on statistical results
- Minimum 2+ year’s experience in Transportation/Logistics Manager Role
- Strong proficiency in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook)
- Proven ability to communicate with all levels of employees/management
- Excellent Organizational, project management and verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to clearly identity issues and offer solutions to minimize conflict and promote positive employee morale and engagement
- Must be able to adapt to flexible work schedule
- Ability to work both independently or in a team setting to accomplish projects in a timely manner
- Must be willing to travel